Still no word on next patch???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Still no word on next patch???

Or has there been some indication from firaxis? From reading this board it is evident that most people (like me) have given up on civ3. Mabye not completely, but at least until the nest patch. Has there been any indication on when we can start looking for the patch? Firaxis should realize by now how unsatisfied almost everyone was with the game. I think things might pick up again if a half decent patch is released...

You think you can rush buy genius?

Firaxis is a top-notch company, and you can darn well believe that they don't just shove unfinished products out the door. If this patch takes another 2 years to get right, by God that's what they're gonna do! And their silence just means they are working too gosh darn hard on this game. Heck, send 'em in another check so they can buy a pizza, poor guys.
    I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

"Yin": Your friendly, neighborhood negative cosmic force.

Comment

All right, who hijacked Yins log-in? This forum is going to get boring fast.
      (\__/)
      (='.'=)
      (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

LOL@Yin!

I believe that they will be calling their next patch "CivIII: Fantastic Worlds." On the plus side, it should include a scenario editor.
        “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.â€
        "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by yin26

Firaxis is a top-notch company, and you can darn well believe that they don't just shove unfinished products out the door. If this patch takes another 2 years to get right, by God that's what they're gonna do! And their silence just means they are working too gosh darn hard on this game. Heck, send 'em in another check so they can buy a pizza, poor guys.

Slathered with sarcasm... and an extra layer just for good measure, eh yin? lol

Comment

Don't you get it? The first patch was just a decoy. While you were downloading it they took the money and ran.

Much the crusty old billionaire will throw wads of cash at his assailants in order discourage further pursuit.

Comment

Slathered with sarcasm... and an extra layer just for good measure, eh yin?
                I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

Comment

Umm...They are getting beta testers for the patch. It might be a while. I'm sure they have to sleep sometimes.

Most of us still play it's just the same noisy people who claim they quit.
                  Sorry....nothing to say!

Comment

Originally posted by yin26
                    No. Unlike city improvements, techs can't be rushed in Civ3.

Comment

Most of us still play it's just the same noisy people who claim they quit.
                      I reckon you have statistics to back your assertion. And I reckon you have a reason to characterize us as noisy. [...shrug...] Guess you're right, Shaggy. Sometimes my the windshield. Sometimes my the bug.
                      "Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatum." — William of Ockham

Comment

I didn't just claim to quit playing. I stopped a long time ago. All I want is some general idea of when to start looking for a patch. For example, is it a possibility this month? Or in 3 months? It's not like I'm dying to play the game or anything, but I don't want to be checking these boards all the time. I am skeptical about whether there even will be another patch. Could this be ctp2 again?

Comment

These are all fabulous questions. If you wanted that kind of polite respect from the people taking your money, though, Firaxis never fails to not please.

Comment

Originally posted by Libertarian

I reckon you have statistics to back your assertion. And I reckon you have a reason to characterize us as noisy. [...shrug...] Guess you're right, Shaggy. Sometimes my the windshield. Sometimes my the bug.
                            Well the unscientific poll on these forums puts the figure around 61%-62%. Granted it is unscientific and thus not statistically valid, but it is interesting none the less.

Got me on the grammar. You're one smart guy.
                            Sorry....nothing to say!

Comment

Hey, that's Mark Knopfler!

Comment

Working...
                              X