Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Civ 3.5

Originally posted by RCA
    The diplomacy doesn't work very well, the trade is terrible, eg. if I want to buy ivory I have to pay something like 490 gold and 25 per turn, 2 or 3 techs and my world map. If I on the other hand offer ivory, the deal will be something like 100 now and 2 per turn - if I'm lucky.
    ROFL. It's just the AI making *you* bend over. Perhaps you should try to become better at Civ3 to prevent the AI from 'abusing' you this way, instead of proclaiming that diplomacy "doesn't work very well".

Comment

I like Civ III for what it is and what it may become after the patch and expansion cycle is complete. That it is not quite what we had hoped for, asked for or in some cases led to believe was being produced is obvious. There are still some fundamental changes that would be good to see in a Civ game at a later date - which is why there will always be some demand for Civ IV, CtP 3 or whatever it ends up calling itself. This list will no doubt differ from person to person but here is what I want to see that will never be in Civ III:

- Fully fledged use of the resources system in a more sensible way. Not have you got coal yes/no, but how much have you got and how expensive is it to extract?
      - A much broader set of units so that smooth upgrade paths eliminate the 20th century pikeman problem without eliminating the advantage of research and resources.
      - Solid army based combat with integrated air and artillery support.
      - Even better diplomacy, including the ability to import armaments you do not have the technology or industry to produce.
      - Advisor screens designed for any number of computer players, or at the bare minimum at least the maximum number allowed by the game (min 16).
      - Full multiplayer support out of the box.
      - Wonders as a national undertaking, not limited to a single city effort.
      - A better system for modelling improved agriculture and industry than the current tile by tile use of workers or PW.
      - An editor or scripting system that will allow modmakers at least the level of functionality provided by CtP2.
      - A separation between the theoretical and practical applications of a technology. Yes you got the schema for a nuclear bomb by hacking the enemies defence network, but can you build one?
      - Ample provision at all levels of the game for additional player made units, civs, wonders, techs etc without being forced to displace existing ones.
      - A system of supply to allow faster movement near home territory and eliminate the farcical 1000-year circumnavigation of the globe by galley.
      To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
      H.Poincaré

Comment

Your'e so right

I couldn't agree more.

Comment

You seem to forget that we are mostly all the Civ1, Civ2, CtP, and CtP2 fans, I personally play civ2 more than civ3. Civ3 was VERY disapointing, considering that it made it allot harder to do everything that you could do in civ2. I hope that their next patch is a allot better or I might jus zone out on civ2 entirely.

Comment

Working...
          X