Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's see some high scores

Ok,

What's up with no one posting high scores? I want to know if I'm kicking ass or just a Civ rookie. My best score is 4031 on Regent Level.

Let's see some scores...
    You can run me, you can starve me, you can beat me and you can even kill me... just don't bore me. - Gunny Highway and Me

I never managed to get more than 1000 - 1200 ish on Regent... but then I haven't played much beyond the mid-modern times, since the game gets tedious then.

I have a hard time expanding and building cities because of quite sick terrain situation. Lots of jungle there, so maybe I should try another terrain setting.

And then, sick combat results. It's just unbelievable what happens to my units sometimes. And larger armies I can hardly afford in the early game.

Last but not least, lack of wonder constructing possibilities. I find Ican get a nice golden age in the early industrial age by building Newton's and (Sun Tzu or Universal Suffrage) when playing as Germans. But if I don't get those wonders, I'm screwed or at least have to wait longer until the golden age.

And then there's research in the early game. The enemy just outdoes my research by far

Comment

Heh, I think my personal best is 2500. I quit early every game. I don't even know what the spaceship looks like.

I think whoever gets motorized transport first and the Hoover Dam built pretty much won the game. Plus leading on the histograph.
      Above all, avoid zeal. --Tallyrand.

Comment

Regent level?
        I don`t find this difficulty level in my US version.
        For those who fight for it, life has a flavour the sheltered never know.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Silvi
          Regent level?
          I don`t find this difficulty level in my US version.
          That's strange because I have it, and I bet I have the same game like you

Comment

Da die US-Version so ziemlich die einzige is die man hierzulande bekommt ist das durchaus erstaunlich...

Müsste so hier laufen: Chieftain - Warlord - Regent - Monarch - Emperor - Deity

Comment

Ah yes, to be not too much OT, I also quit the games early, with my score in the high 1000s or low 2000s. I love to play large and huge maps and after I am ahead 5 or more (A GA in the early industrial era is neat!), have all industrial wonders, fight with tanks and MechInf vs. Knights/Cav. and am the only one with an air force and there is nothing more to build except wealth and units, the game becomes tedious. Conquering sucks, and waiting the AI to finish it's 30min turns, just to hit the spacebar till my turn is over and wait again, is definitely not what I wish my time to waste with.

Comment

Wollen wir es nicht den Finnen gleichtun und eine OT-Subgemeidne aufbauen? Oder den Spaniern, und ein eigenes Sub-Forum bekommen?

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Ralph
                  Ah yes, to be not too much OT, I also quit the games early, with my score in the high 1000s or low 2000s. I love to play large and huge maps and after I am ahead 5 or more (A GA in the early industrial era is neat!), have all industrial wonders, fight with tanks and MechInf vs. Knights/Cav. and am the only one with an air force and there is nothing more to build except wealth and units, the game becomes tedious. Conquering sucks, and waiting the AI to finish it's 30min turns, just to hit the spacebar till my turn is over and wait again, is definitely not what I wish my time to waste with.
                  but HOW exactly do you guys manage to get scores in the 1000s before the modern age?

Comment

Are you playing with the original set of rules (no mods) to make these scores?

Comment

Ecthelion: Score depends on seized territory and number of happy and content citizens. Play a huge map, REX in the ancient age and wage a few wars in the medieval age, thus getting 30-40 cities, let them grow and trade for luxuries. After Sanitation (especially when you're the first who discovered it), your score will boost like a rocket.

Ferdi: I don't modify rules, only use a few mods that polish up graphics.

Comment

Now there's a point, I've only played on Medium-sized maps so far, especially due to my slow machine

what's that REX about?

Comment

REX means rapid expansion

Comment

I see. But then, as I said, rapid expansion is usually impossible when you are in a huge area of jungle and the like. But then I haven't done any island hopping so fr, as in colonising other islands / continents.

How do you deal with corruption on huge maps? How do I alter the corruption by using the editor?

Comment

A late reply to your posting yesterday:

Originally posted by Ecthelion
                              And then there's research in the early game. The enemy just outdoes my research by far
                              So why don't you let the enemy do the research for you? Set the science slider at 20%, then 10% and sometimes even 0 for research, make money (build roads!) and go and buy tech from the advanced civs. And don't forget to sell them ASAP to the civ's behind you (but not at all price, try to get at least 50 coins per tech). My favorite levels are Regent or Monarch (max. fun) and I seldom am not the tech leader in the end of the ancient era, even though I don't research myself much before Republic.

EDIT: Geeee, I know, that's off topic again

Comment

Working...
                              X