Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The CivIII Powerbar - freeware. Found while reading usenet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The CivIII Powerbar - freeware. Found while reading usenet.

Okay. I didn't post this in the files section, where it probably belongs. The reason for this is that this utility is not made by me. I only stumbled upon it while reading alt.games.civ3 on usenet.

Anyway. The utility is avaible for download from http://www.crusaderjoe.com

It does all sorts of things, such as letting you set the treasury of yourself or your opponents. It let's you complete everything - even wonders - at once. It let's you halt production in your own or AI cities. It has an option that let's you build the same unit/improvement in all your cities.

Full description at http://www.crusaderjoe.com

Asmodean

P.S. I haven't tested it myself, but the maker says that it's compatible with both versions of the game, i.e. 1.07f and 1.16f
    Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Okay, I tested it, and it works.

For those who like cheating (and we all know they're out there) this is the perfect utility. For those who don't - well just don't download it, m'kay

Asmodean
    Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Comment

Sounds to me like scenario makers might find this handy.
      Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
      I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

Originally posted by Thoth
        Sounds to me like scenario makers might find this handy.
        You know, Thoth...I hadn't really thought about it that way, but until the editor gets some major improvements, this tool - perhaps in combination with Gramphos copy tool - could actually be used to make scenarios.

A pity, that it is impossible to change the title of this thread. It should be called: The Civ3 Powerbar - the first real scenario making utility.

Asmodean

Comment

Not being able to place units/cities still makes for a big problem, though--you could use Gramphos' utilities and the Powerbar to alter a game that has already started into being something of a scenario, but you'd pretty much have to be happy with the way the AI had placed cities, right?

BT

Comment

Originally posted by BanastreTa
            Not being able to place units/cities still makes for a big problem, though--you could use Gramphos' utilities and the Powerbar to alter a game that has already started into being something of a scenario, but you'd pretty much have to be happy with the way the AI had placed cities, right?

BT
            That is true. For the time being, cities can't be placed with either tool. However, using Gramphos' tool, the owner of a city can be changed.

I'll leave up to the creators to decide whether it is possible to create scenarios with these tools. But as far as I can see, we are nearer now than ever before.

Asmodean

Comment

where can I get Gramphos' tool?

Comment

Right here .

BT

Comment

Originally posted by Ecthelion
                  where can I get Gramphos' tool?
                  Or here

I have never visited the thread at civfanatics (in fact I have never visited Civfanatics ) but the thread in the files section here ar Apolyton contains an in depth description of what the tool does, with a full version history.

Asmodean

Comment

Hmm. I looked through the Apolyton files forum, and I could not find Civ3Copy, for some reason. Yes, I agree, follow that link, because it has a much better discussion of the evolution of this very useful utility.

Comment

Nowhere near enough to make scenarios with. Good for cheating.
                      I can throw a hundred pound walrus right through the wall!

Comment

Working...
                      X