Iron Works

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Eliminator
    Two and a half solid months of playing, and I have yet to have the opportunity to build the Iron Works. AAAAARRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHH!
    Try a standard-sized map with 16 cities. That's 16 of each ressources in the map, and chances go are that both iron and coal will be in an area.
    Science without conscience is the doom of the soul.

Comment

So there's a connection between number of Civs and times that ressources appear on a map?

I often find myself with several appearances of horse within my territory despite playing with 8 civs on a medium map only...

Comment

Originally posted by Ecthelion
        So there's a connection between number of Civs and times that ressources appear on a map?

I often find myself with several appearances of horse within my territory despite playing with 8 civs on a medium map only...
        Yes.
        Basically, there is one ressource of each type for each civ in the game (except perhaps for luxuries), more or less - there is perhaps some variations.
        I noticed it seeing the incredible stockpile of ressources in my commercial screen while playing a 16-civ game on a standard map.
        Science without conscience is the doom of the soul.

Comment

I have built it three times. One of those was in a conquered city. It really is "resource bingo" though. Of course other minor wonders are difficult to build, when it takes ages to get your first army.
          "Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys."
          --P.J. O'Rourke

Comment

Originally posted by Akka le Vil

Yes.
            Basically, there is one ressource of each type for each civ in the game (except perhaps for luxuries), more or less - there is perhaps some variations.
            I noticed it seeing the incredible stockpile of ressources in my commercial screen while playing a 16-civ game on a standard map.
            What there is is:
            • At least one of each strategic resource per civ - maybe more (horses seem to be particularly common)
            • At most one of each luxury resource per civ, sometimes less
            The church is the only organisation that exists for the benefit of its non-members
            Buy your very own 4-dimensional, non-orientable, 1-sided, zero-edged, zero-volume, genus 1 manifold immersed in 3-space!
            All women become like their mothers. That is their tragedy. No man does. That's his.
            "They offer us some, but we have no place to store a mullet." - Chegitz Guevara

Comment

It seems like there is always more than one strategic resource per civ in the games I've played. It seems like if a civ is of average size on a standard map (maybe 10-12 cities), then it usually has all strategic resources within its control. I do agree that some seem more common than others though. In particular, horses, iron, and saltpeter seem to pop up all over the place. Perhaps that's because the designers knew there would probably be fewer civs around by the time aluminium and uranium was needed.

Comment

Working...
              X