Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just what are those Ugly Thingd around my Cities?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just what are those Ugly Thingd around my Cities?

Stupid question, but all over the map, on jungles, grassland, and even in the sea, I see occasional squares of what looks like some sort of settlement, but I have no idea what they are, what purpose they serve, and most importantly, how to ge rid of them.

I don't think they're colonies (at least, I hope not, and they don't look like the colonies I've built- furthermore, why would they be in the sea?), so whaaaaaaa?
    Last edited by Gibsie; January 10, 2002, 00:14.

Can you post a screenshot?

Dan
    Dan Magaha
    Firaxis Games, Inc.
    --------------------------

Comment

city walls?

Comment

Sorry Diss, I don't mean surrounding my cities, in fact, the cities part is just arbitrary- I have cities, thus anything outside them "surrounds" them- they're just scattered around the map. I'll take a quick screenshot in a minute...

Comment

These things...
          Attached Files

Comment

Have you dl'd any art mods?
            I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

"Yin": Your friendly, neighborhood negative cosmic force.

Comment

I don't think those are our graphics... did you install a modpack?

Dan
              Dan Magaha
              Firaxis Games, Inc.

Comment

Not at all!

This is the first game I've played from the start, and these things have been appearing all over the place. I've no idea where they could have come from other than the game...

Comment

Is your version...ahem... 'out of the box,' so to speak?
                  I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

Comment

That's a colony, but why they would spontaneously appear must be cause by some bizarre graphics bug
                    One OS to rule them all,
                    One OS to find them,
                    One OS to bring them all
                    and in the darkness bind them.

Comment

I'm guessing someone has been messing with a file and somehow replaced the Goody Hut graphic with the Colony one

Are you Certain NO one fiddled or edited a file?
                      One OS to rule them all,
                      One OS to find them,
                      One OS to bring them all
                      and in the darkness bind them.

Comment

If you're asking if it's a proper version purchased normally Yin, then yes, it is.

JJ- are you sure it's a colony? I'm pretty sure Dan would recognise the appearance of a colony of all things! It's not a goody hut either, I've moved workers into them, cleared the jungles, irrigated them and built roads on them, yet they remain, and they appear in sea/ ocean squares (you can't build sea colonies can you?).

I am as certain as one can be that no one has moved or edited any Civ-related file on my computer (other than myself, and even then it's just saving the game).

Comment

Well I checked the game art and it looks like that's a colony after all... by the looks of it a Middle Ages colony, is that the right era?

They definitely shouldn't be in the ocean... zip and send me your savegame... webmaster@firaxis.com

Thanks

Dan
                          Dan Magaha
                          Firaxis Games, Inc.

Comment

Gibsie: Was just checking the possibilities. As for why it's in the ocean, sounds like you'd need to reinstall and hope for the best.

Comment

Another time... the Sun is rising and I must sleep.

(This is due to another video game, Soul Reaver 2, not Civ 3, so don't worry that your game is turning players into followers of the undead)

Comment

Working...
                              X