Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you get 16 civs on a standard size map?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you get 16 civs on a standard size map?

Well? How do you?

Run Civ3edit.
    (Backup the original Civ3Mod file, first.)

Comment

Run Civ3edit.
      (Backup the original Civ3Mod file, first.)

This is the only mod I use.

Comment

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this means that you can only play with 16 civs on a standard map if you create the map in the editor, save it, then play it as a scenario?

Comment

You can use the editor to change the number of default players on any map size (World Sizes tab), save out the BIC file (rules only, no map required) and then start Civ III, load that BIC file (Load scenario option on main menu), then simply generate a new map of the given size and you should have 16 civs available.

I'll make sure I add this to the editor help file, since it's not immediately obvious.

Dan
          Dan Magaha
          Firaxis Games, Inc.
          --------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by TinCow
            Correct me if I'm wrong, but this means that you can only play with 16 civs on a standard map if you create the map in the editor, save it, then play it as a scenario?
            No. You go to World Sizes and select the number of Civs that corresponds to the map size you want to play on. The default for a standard map is 8, though you can change to 16 if you want to.

Comment

Who was that masked man?
              "Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatum." — William of Ockham

Comment

i edited it so i could play 16 civs on a standard map, and while the beggining of the game is better(imo anyways), the rest of the game is still broken and this won't fix it.
                Eschewing obfuscation and transcending conformity since 1982. Embrace the flux.

Comment

Dan Magaha: I'll make sure I add this to the editor help file, since it's not immediately obvious
                  can we conclude from this line that a new patch is coming ?
                  Any information ?
                  Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                  Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Originally posted by pg
                    the rest of the game is still broken and this won't fix it.
                    Broken? I haven't noticed any problems and I've played many, many games. Maybe you need a new computer.

If it is a problem with actually playing the game, Civ3 is a very complex game indeed, but there are lots of great tips on this very forum. Hope that helps. It's a great game and worth the effort of learning to play it IMHO.

Comment

Emperor, you're naked. Okay?
                      "Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatum." — William of Ockham

Comment

Working...
                      X