Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should one sell his copy of CivIII?

Yeah,
    After three years of waiting the final result is a disappointment to me.
    (Yin among others has given good reasons to why I think CivIII is a failure)
    Haven't played CivIII in month, even v1.16f is untested. I just don't want to play it.

But,
    I love Pirates, Civ, Civ II, Colonization & SMAC.

So now I'm in a dilemma.
    • Part of me wants to sell my copy of CivIII, since it's a failure that even looking at makes my blood boil. By selling I could at least get ½ the price back from it.
    • Part of me still wants to keep, though it is bad. So many good games have Sid & Co. published and in my youth I have played mainly illegal copies of his games.

Now I ask for your opinion, should I sell or keep my copy of CivIII?
    Sell it
    46.15%
    Keep it
    53.85%

The poll is expired.

...and in my youth I have played mainly illegal copies of his games...
    LOL! Well, old friend, this would be a pretty cheap way to have a clean mind. Seriously, though, unless you are a collector of *any* games, why keep even the ones you like? I either sell or trade or just give away every game I buy as soon as I am done with it. Looking back at 2001, that was around 20 games! And not one of those boxes is left in my house.
    I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

"Yin": Your friendly, neighborhood negative cosmic force.

Comment

if you got the LE, i'm buying the box
      Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
      Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
      giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

keep it, at the very least it makes for a nice shiny frisbee
        Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

Originally posted by yin26
          LOL! Well, old friend, this would be a pretty cheap way to have a clean mind.
          Yeah, but it's a way.
          Seriously, though, unless you are a collector of *any* games, why keep even the ones you like?
          I have CivII and SMAC and shall/will never sell/give them away. They sure are games I wanna keep myself.
          I either sell or trade or just give away every game I buy as soon as I am done with it. Looking back at 2001, that was around 20 games! And not one of those boxes is left in my house.
          Married, with child and 20 games/year?
          Hey, I got two games (EU & CivIII) last year and that sure was plenty for me.

Originally posted by MarkG
          if you got the LE, i'm buying the box
          Sorry, couldn't get LE in Finland. (Well, now I can say that luckily so.)

Comment

Married, with child and 20 games/year?
            LOL! Well, a vast majority of those are just to see how they play. If I am not impressed rather quickly, I move on. Thus I move games around quite a lot until I find a good one. 2001 was a rather weak year for games I liked.
            I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

"Yin": Your friendly, neighborhood negative cosmic force.

Comment

I'll keep mine until they say there will be no MP civ3. Then it would be on to eBay. I'd like to play against an opponent that will have more than two units defending a border city.
              "The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved - loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves."--Victor Hugo

Comment

Although Swissy has a very good point, I stiil think that you just have to stick with it because I don't agree that more players will have to feel deceived with the money they spent!

Oh just do the bleep you want to!
                "BANANA POWAAAAH!!! (exclamation Zopperoni style)" - Mercator, in the OT 'What fruit are you?' thread
                Join the Civ2 Democratic Game! We have a banana option in every poll just for you to vote for!
                Many thanks to Zealot for wasting his time on the jobs section at Gamasutra - MarkG in the article SMAC2 IN FULL 3D? http://apolyton.net/misc/
                Always thought settlers looked like Viking helmets. Took me a while to spot they were supposed to be wagons. - The pirate about Settlers in Civ 1

Comment

A concerted attack on the developers by thousands of flying Civ CD's could be brutal.
                  Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                  "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                  He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Re: Should one sell his copy of CivIII?

Now I ask for your opinion, should I sell or keep my copy of CivIII?
                    I guess it all depends on the price.
                    Somebody told me I should get a signature.

Comment

hmmm.....

You could try my solution to the problem. I always seem to have long lists of people that I do not particularly like but am expect to buy presents for at Christmas. I gave mine away as a gift.

Christmas is past, but a birthday perhaps?

Comment

Working...
                      X