Do you play on LCD or CRT monitor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you play on LCD or CRT monitor?

I am thinking about getting a new monitor. The 15in LCD seems perfect, EXCEPT that the images are so small.

The 19 in CRT seems good, too, EXCEPT that it takes up so much room.

What monitor do you use when playing Civ3?

sboog

spammer!

I used a crt when I used to play Civ 3.
    "BANANA POWAAAAH!!! (exclamation Zopperoni style)" - Mercator, in the OT 'What fruit are you?' thread
    Join the Civ2 Democratic Game! We have a banana option in every poll just for you to vote for!
    Many thanks to Zealot for wasting his time on the jobs section at Gamasutra - MarkG in the article SMAC2 IN FULL 3D? http://apolyton.net/misc/
    Always thought settlers looked like Viking helmets. Took me a while to spot they were supposed to be wagons. - The pirate about Settlers in Civ 1

Comment

17" LCD is very nice. Lack of glare makes it much easier on the eyes, and the size is okay. The only poor feature was the high price, but one can be had if you shop around a bit.

Comment

i play on an ex-corporate 20 inch i got for 100 pounds or so (perfect 1600x1200), LCD's are nice, but if you've got the space size really does matter

Comment

Stil having loads of fun playing CIV 3 (with the optimum number of cities tweaked to 3 x normal number) and using a 19inch Trinitron CRT monitor... love it

Comment

A flat screen would be nice, but pricey. There's room on my desk for a 19" CRT, and I would never go back to a smaller monitor.

Actually, I want a 21-incher, but just bought a new video-ready system (1.4 GHz Pentium 4 with 258 KB RAM) that can use my old monitor, and I can't afford any extras right now.

Comment

Working...
            X