Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Costall Fotrtesses

Ave !!

Just lazy, perhaps this has been beaten to death already but the coastall fortresses still seem at least partially like dead weight. Perhaps they do offer the passive defence and certainly seem to be the first improvement destroyed under naval bombardment but I still have never witnessed a costall fortress firing back at least not accurately enough to hurt the attacking vessel. Pisses me off especially since I am a lazy navy builder and hence tend to leve my coastall cities sitting ducks for enemy ships.

- Oho -

I've seen it happen... One of my cities bombed a barbarian ship when it passed... It wasn't very spectacular but ah well... It does it's work
    The willow knows what the storm does not; that the power to endure harm outlives the power to inflict it

Comment

I'm trying to recall a vague reference from someone at Firaxis on this. The coastal fortress is mostly ineffective against modern ships. Against ancient vessels, it fires only when they move from one ZOC tile to another. Thus, they can sneak in and back out without being fired upon.
      "Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatum." — William of Ockham

Comment

Coastal fortresses also decrease the chance of enemy ships bombarding the tiles around your city. Which is useful if you lack a navy.
        I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Working...
        X