Those of you who bought the LE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Those of you who bought the LE

I've heard that the normal version of Civ3 comes with a nice plastic CD case and everything. I bought the LE (I'm in the US), but I only got a paper/cardboard cd holder with the game cd and the making of civ3 cd. Did everyone else with LE get this?

Yes.
    "Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatum." — William of Ockham

Comment

yes, and we got designers' notes made out of the thin air.

Comment

nt

Comment

Yes I bought the LE as well and got stuck with a stupid cardboard jewel case. This is very disappointing considering that I paid 59.99 for the LE and you can now get it at EB and Babbages for 39.99. I guess they realized what a rip off the LE was.

I only wish I had returned mine to exchange for the normal version of the game. I can live without a tech poster but not without the plastic jewel case.
          signature not visible until patch comes out.

Comment

Another Sucker

Consider me another sucker. Firaxis and Infogrames sure did. I even wrote a letter of complaint to Infogrames, but to no avail.

The disappointment of the LE didn't bother me so much until I experienced Infogrames and Firaxis complete disregard. And then Civ III became boring as its tedious flaws started becoming painfully, mind-numbingly evident.

On a positive note, I'm now more productive, as all the time I expected to spend playing Civ III is more enjoyably spent doing other things.

So, all in all, I have to say, "Thanks, Firaxis, for breaking me of my Civilization addiction with such a crappy release!"

Comment

I bought the LE here in Korea and it came with a plastic jewel case that holds both the game CD and the 'making of Civ3' CD. I also got two manuals, one in English and one in Korean. Perhaps the importers in each country have different regulations?
              Formerly known as Masuro.
              The sun never sets on a PBEM game.

Comment

in the U.S., civ3 LE = ****
                Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

I ordered from amazon.com to try and get civ3 b4 it was released in the UK (dumb Insignia foiled that!) and also to ge hold of all the nice things that LE promised.

I was ripped off...but console myself with the fact that I do have a very nice tin not widely available...plus I live in the hope that improvements to civ3 (editor etc) will mean I play it more...at present I am more interested in playing Operation Flashpoint: Red Hammer.

Comment

Working...
                  X