strategic resource question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• strategic resource question

are the strategic resource positions determined when the map is created? if so, if i, say, cut down all the forests and jungles in my territory, when i discover the rubber tech (whatever it is), would any rubber squares in my territory still pop up?

Yes, the position of strat resources is determined when the map is first generated. Yes, you can chop down trees and jungle to your heart's content--the resource in question will still appear once you have discovered the requisite technology, even if the land square has been changed from forest/jungle to grassland.

Luck...
    "Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience."
    -- C.S. Lewis

Comment

What if...

What if it's square with a bonus resource like game, will chopping down the forest eliminate the resource. I've been to chicken to test it out of fear of losing it.
      "Decadent Western Infidel On Board"
      "Even Hell Has It's Heroes"

Comment

No, it will not go away! Luxury resources are set. They stay there the entire game. you can do anythign to that tile, mine it, chop the forest down, RR, etc, and it will stay.

Strategic resources can "move around" when the map is genereated, it generates a set number of them, which never changes. But the resources themselves will often change positions.

Z

Comment

Working...
        X