Playing Civ 3 on a laptop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Playing Civ 3 on a laptop

I have just (actually, in the process of) installing civ3 on my Sony Vaio, and I'm wondering how i am going to move the units. I know the arrow keys don't function anymore, and I don't think home/end/page up/page down will work like it did in SMAC either (of course, my vaio has those keys lined up in a vertical line, so it was really inconvenient with SMAC too). So, then, how am I supposed to play? Has anyone found a convenient way of moving the units around?? (i'm thinking the "Go To" command might get really annoying after like the thirty-bajillionth time i use it...)
    No Information Provided

I had installed Civ3 on my laptop as well. To move the units, just click the unit w/ your mouse and drag it to wherever you want to unit to go. It's actually efficient and helpful.

Comment

If you got a USB or PS/2 Port plug in a mouse and drag the unit around. Or hold the mouse for a while on a free terain tile with the unit being selected and you get the movement cursor there.
      Or of course go with the Touchpad

ata

Comment

The arrow keys did work on my laptop .
        Next time dont buy sony vaio!Buy IBM thinkpad!
        "The east wind shall prevail the west wind" Mao Tse Tung

Comment

user the letters, qwe,asd,zxc you may have to use shift or ctrl but they will work as the arrows. I am still looking for a way to change hot keys.

Comment

Working...
          X