This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lord of the Rings

I just saw the Lord of the Rings film and have to say that it is superb - perhaps even the best film ever! (Yes it is that good)

I also recall that there was a very good Lord of the Rings mod for Civ 2 - and a silmarillion mod too. Who where the talents that did these mods?Give those men medals! And is there any chance of Lotr mods coming out for Civ 3? I hope they do come out but its probably not going to happen as the editor, for all its flexibility regarding rules seens quite limited in other respects - not being able to place units or cities etc

As it stands i am seriously thinking of buying civ 2 again just for those excellent Tolkien scenarios.

Yeah, I'm telling people that it was one of the better movies I've seen in my lifetime (and I used to work at a video store).

It combines the graphics of the last Star Wars with some of that *dialogue* stuff; add a good cast and *bam*.

Very good movie.

Very moved thread.
    "You don't have to be modest if you know you're right."- L. Rigdon

Comment

I was tempted to move it... but he IS asking if there is a chance for a Civ III mod... so as long as this doesn't continue as a discussion about the movie, and remains a discussion on a LOTR mod, it can stay... for now
      Keep on Civin'
      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Then to Civ3 Creation perhaps. Although there is already a LotR mod thread over there, so maybe one in General to balance it out...
        Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
        "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

ah, i'll have to check that 1 out

Comment

I just saw that movie this afternoon, it straight up sucked. $8 and three hours of my life I'll never get back.

Comment

The movie sucks until it gets stacked movement, then it will be the best movie ever :P

Comment

Originally posted by The Eliminator
                I just saw that movie this afternoon, it straight up sucked. $8 and three hours of my life I'll never get back.
                ...that you were going to what with exactly? create a mod for Civ3?

Comment

Originally posted by dissent
                  The movie sucks until it gets stacked movement, then it will be the best movie ever :P
                  LOL

Comment

Yes, and you live under a bridge and hassle passing goats...

Comment

*get a gun (a MASSIVE one) and shoot mercilessly the blasphemer until he's no more than a pile of burned flesh*
                      Science without conscience is the doom of the soul.

Comment

Originally posted by Ming
                        I was tempted to move it... but he IS asking if there is a chance for a Civ III mod... so as long as this doesn't continue as a discussion about the movie, and remains a discussion on a LOTR mod, it can stay... for now
                        The question should not have been whether or not to move it, since there already is a thread about the movie in the OT... namely MY THREAD

Comment

discussion on

movie -> off-topic
                          possible civ3 mods -> civ3-creation

thank you and merry christmas
                          Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                          Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                          giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Working...
                          X