GAMESPY STRATEGY GAME oF THE YEAR!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GAMESPY STRATEGY GAME oF THE YEAR!

And the awards for civ3 have begun: Gamespy declared Civilization III the PC Strategy Game of the Year!

What makes the Civilization III recipe a game of the year concoction is not the higher resolution, innovative tweaks, rich combat, or streamlined interface. What makes Civilization III great is its ability to take all of those improvements, mix them into the game, and come up with a challenging bundle of fun that is at once new -- yet familiar, accessible --yet challenging, richly detailed -- yet fun. In short, the Best Strategy Game of 2001.
    Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

quiet year eh?

Comment

Althought I'll give it 8.5/10 (8.8/10 with patch), it is still best strategy game of the year.

Comment

woo hoo. oh boy. aren't those gaming sites on the cutting edge. yay. go markos go. yay.
        Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

Apparently, the reviewers don't play past the early industrial age. At least not more than once. When you've played several games, you know what to expect. And fun isn't it.
          "Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatum." — William of Ockham

Comment

I think Gamespy and I are the only ones who enjoy this game.

Comment

The award should have been worded...

"Could be the PC Strategy Game of the Year after all the patches and a lot more work"

While I do enjoy playing the game, it also drives me nuts. sigh...

Let's hope they live up to the award and do everything in their power to make it justified!
              Keep on Civin'
              RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Hope springs eternal.
                "Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatum." — William of Ockham

Comment

Yes, Civ3 could be better.
                  But, looking other startegy games of this year and comparing them to Civ3 still draws the conclusion that Civ3 IS BEST strat. game of this year.

Comment

Sad, isn't it.

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

Sad, isn't it.

(doubly so.)

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

The game is like chinese water torture after you've played for about three weeks.

Comment

Ming: Thanks for being a voice of reason.
                          I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

"Yin": Your friendly, neighborhood negative cosmic force.

Comment

ID Award given to CivIII!!!

And the awards for civ3 have begun: Comrade Tribune declared Civilization III the PC Disappointment of the Year!

What makes Civilization III a recipe for disaster is not the higher corruption, counterintuitive tweaks, unbalanced combat, or even the buggy interface. What makes Civilization III crappy is its disability to take all the components, mix them into the game, and come up with a challenging bundle of fun that is at once new -- yet familiar, accessible --yet challenging, richly detailed -- yet fun. In short, the Worst Disappointment of 2001. Deserves IDA (Immediate Deinstallation Award).
                            Now, if I ask myself: Who profits from a War against Iraq?, the answer is: Israel. -Prof. Rudolf Burger, Austrian Academy of Arts

Free Slobo, lock up George, learn from Kim-Jong-Il.

Comment

Hi everyone

I would just like to say you whine just as much as my friends 8 year old brother. I would also like to let you know that if you whine about civilization 3 its your opinion, because of this it isn't important. The game is great and nothing is ever perfect but I never have any problems with the game. If you don't like something its your own fault for feeling that way, the game is great and I think the people who made it must have worked very hard and deserve thanks not the bashing and whiney insults they get from most of you ****es who want everything to be suited to your exact likeing.

Civilization 3 deserves the award it got. Its just a game, some of you people take it so far you act like it was everything you had in your life. You can bash me all you want after reading this but it won't change the way things are. Some of the things you people complain about are pathetic and it saddens me to think people worry so much about a game. Your familys would be sickened by the way some of you act...

Oh, if any of you need any good music check out Gustav Holst. He writes the best music....I recommend Jupiter and Fantasia on the Dargason highly!

Comment

Working...
                              X