Where'd my workers go?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where'd my workers go?

Now that finals are over i thought i'd give my civ3 another try.

But this is damn odd. I had these 4 workers, and the ai captured them in a sneaky raid while i wasn't paying attention.

And then they dissapeared? I have units next to them, and there was NO where for them to go.

The only thing i can think of is that the AI disbanded them. which while i suppose is a "strategy" really sucks as far as i'm concerned. i don't think that its playing fair! I don't do that!

By working faithfully eight hours a day, you may get to be a boss and work twelve hours a day.

My best guess is the workers were given a little extra break for the holidays! Check back for them shortly after New Years.

Cheers!
    I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

"Yin": Your friendly, neighborhood negative cosmic force.

Comment

Guess thats what i get for having them on "build brewery"
      By working faithfully eight hours a day, you may get to be a boss and work twelve hours a day.

Comment

Re: Where'd my workers go?

Originally posted by Kc7mxo
        And then they dissapeared? I have units next to them, and there was NO where for them to go.
        I've had this too. My workers were captured and disbanded, since they not only disappeared, but also they were not in the Military advisor screen (F3) under "lost workers". Blood-thirsty AI...

Comment

Yep, the AI disband them. IMO a good strategy, as their raiding for workers either guarantees they get to keep your worker, or guarantees you wont easily get your worker back the next turn, as often happend pre-patch.

Remember, protect your workers when at war. And use slaves (captured workers). That way, if the AI slaughters them all, its ok cuz their not your people
          I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Working...
          X