Realism....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Realism....

Nope....I'm definitely NOT trying to revive this scathing debate....but I did want to provide some links to the sorts of games that I think fans of realistic and detailed combat models would enjoy.

Pacific War

War in Russia

These two are both Grigsby designs.

More later....if the interest is there.

-=Vel=-
    The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.

Why 'would' enjoy? I´ve got the original boxed version of both.

They are not without problems, however.

Everything seemed over-deterministic: I missed a realistic level of randomness. Second, they had very serious bugs. In the Pacific War game, I remember an overflow bug (similar to CivIII actually), that messed terribly with the Japanese ressources.

For me, 'realism' does not necessarily mean Grigsby. I found Imperialism II quite realistic, same with Europa Universalis, though the latter suffered from a weak AI. If they manage to do something about that in EUII, this will probably be the most realistic history game ever.
    Now, if I ask myself: Who profits from a War against Iraq?, the answer is: Israel. -Prof. Rudolf Burger, Austrian Academy of Arts

Free Slobo, lock up George, learn from Kim-Jong-Il.

Comment

Working...
    X