No announcement yet.

Corruption: Democracy vs. Republic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damnation. I haven't seen a whoosh like that since Muggsy Bogues tried to block a Dikembe Mutombo dunk.
    "Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatum." — William of Ockham

Comment

hehehehe *chuckling from a few posts up* it's always nice to have some humor in the threads...

As for building the FP, I have two words for you, Redstar:

Great Leader

Your very first one, even if it's your only one, should be used on the FP. If you're not ready to build an FP, save the GL 'till you are.

If you don't get any GLs, build the FP in your current capital, and then "march" your palace to where you would have built the FP, building it in a neighbor city (that has little corruption because it's close to your current capital) and then building it again in the new capital's neighbor city etc...

The only possible exception could be if you're Militaristic and want to make an army to get Heroic Epic to get _more_ GLs. If you think you can get enough payoff doing that and if you intend to fight enough that you might get a second GL before you want to build your FP, then go ahead and build the army. 99% of the time saving for the FP is more efficient.
      I'm not giving in to security, under pressure
      I'm not missing out on the promise of adventure
      I'm not giving up on implausible dreams
      Experience to extremes" -RUSH 'The Enemy Within'

Comment

Originally posted by David Weldon
        If you don't get any GLs, build the FP in your current capital, and then "march" your palace to where you would have built the FP, building it in a neighbor city (that has little corruption because it's close to your current capital) and then building it again in the new capital's neighbor city etc...
        Post-patch, this won't work. My palace is costing over 1000 shields in early middle age with about 20 cities (about 100 turns). I ended up building FP in a not-far-away city and live with it until I get a GL to move palace.

Comment

knew someone would say that...

"As for building the FP, I have two words for you, Redstar:

Great Leader
          "

it was not an option...starting in Australia ensured i was well behind the other civs..so much so, in fact, that i gave in to all demands made of me for thousands of years.

I was further kept behind because of the great corruption in africa.
          But finally, i'm actually stronger than all but 1 civ now.
          I am ready to fight..for a leader.

hehe, but its 2070 --a tad bit late.

On the bright side, i will have a shiny new FP in 2102. Yeah me. hehe

Comment

Building FP

As everyboy said : Great Leader.

Else, first get your city to "we love the *** day" : it reduces corruption.

You can also decide to build it slightly closer to your cap. than you would like..

Last idea would be to switch to Communism (v1.16) as corruption never goes above 20% or such (don't remember exact number).
            Communism is however quite costly : No commerce bonus and a slightly higher overall corruption % unless you have a BIG empire.
            The free unit upkeeps is nice but usually worth less than 10% of your income.

Phoxtrot

Comment

Re: Building FP

Originally posted by Phoxtrot
              Last idea would be to switch to Communism (v1.16) as corruption never goes above 20% or such (don't remember exact number).
              Communism is however quite costly : No commerce bonus and a slightly higher overall corruption % unless you have a BIG empire.

Phoxtrot
              20%???
              80% would be more better
              When I change to communism I never had only 20%, maybe I'm just to big

Comment

Re: Building FP

Originally posted by Phoxtrot
                As everyboy said : Great Leader.

Else, first get your city to "we love the *** day" : it reduces corruption.

You can also decide to build it slightly closer to your cap. than you would like..

Phoxtrot
                Never played with communism much, have you?

Get an empire large enough and it replicates the Soviet Union by collapsing in on itself. Every time you add a city with a base 99% corruption, that gets averaged across your whole empire. Pretty soon, you can't get corruption below 60% with a court house and a police station in any city and at 0 science/0 luxury you'll still be bleeding money.

I've used communism to fuel late game domination but it's a race to win before my nest egg from democratic days is all used up.

Comment

slight correction

my fp time actually went up to 42 turns because i had forgotten i was in a golden age when i last posted. hehe

(hard to move your fp closer when its going in to tame africa but you are based in australia --which of course is why i implied you should start a new game if you are forced to start in australia.

And yes, as i posted before, after the patch (to lower corruption among other things)...

my large commie empire actually started losing 1300 o a turn vs pre-patch heavy corruption. lol )

so i guess my point here is that the only solution to tame corruption far a field is based on limited situations.

getting a leader --means you must fight.
                  Building FP closer to palace means you must be able to physically do that and put up with lower effciency once done..
                  or you just wait out the 300 years.

Best option i guess is to use that editor.

I don't mind as i think corruption is being further tweaked.

Comment

Working...
                  X