dry whine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Markos: Are you projecting again?
    I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

"Yin": Your friendly, neighborhood negative cosmic force.

Comment

Oh great, now I realize your Systran box doesn't do Greek to English.

Comment

Originally posted by yin26
        CM: Don't pretend to know why I hang around here.
        Trust me, I don't have the slightest clue.

You posting on this board, with the frequency you do, with the vehemence you do, for a game you never even paid for, falls somewhere in the vicinity of understanding the motivations of John Hinkley or Mark David Chapman.

"I'm a true fan, no, really..."

Comment

Originally posted by Code Monkey
          "I'm a true fan, no, really..."
          hey CM, have you seen this movie ?
          Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
          Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
          giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

So you admit you don't understand, nor do you ask. Yet you simply crack off jokes. That makes you: A Troll. Welcome!
            I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

"Yin": Your friendly, neighborhood negative cosmic force.

Comment

Originally posted by MrWhereItsAt
              Why is it Civ3 though? Many of those with a poor view of the game have "Prince" or "King" or something next to their name, meaning they are long-term regulars here at Apolyton. Meaning they didn't just breeze in and look to stir up some personal attacks, but they have shown at least some committment to the series, without being driven off by other games.
              that does not make them a kind of republican aristocracy anyway....and some of them got their post count solely through whining LOL

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG
                how did that song went?

ah yes!

"trolling, trolling, trolling...."

and here is an old greek phrase: "opoios exei ti miga, migiazetai"

An interesting thread. Opened my eyes quite a bit.

I know a lot of songs but I don't know that one, if you hum a few bars maybe I'll pick it up. Man, I post you can tell the spinners by the buzzwords and you give me a chorus of trolls. What a place.

I would like to thank MrWhereItsAT for actually addressing the question. Although the idea of lack of acceding to others is part of the answer, he knows it is not really what people are saying when they use the word, because it is used before any acceding could ever happen. Nor would all general criticism be considered "whines". My thinking of bad whines was was more to do with how half-truths are used to sidestep issues.

As these posts point out, rhetoric trumps reason every time. Cut the rhetoric and you get more reason - you yourself might even come to appreciate the advantage of raising the rent on insults. It does help keep out the riff-raff which is what everyone really wants, isn't it?

So cut the rhetoric. Cut the rhetoric, MarkG. I'm going to go play the game.
                "Is it sport? I think it is. And does affection breed it? I think it does. Is it frailty that so errs? It is so too." - Shakespeare, Othello IV,iii

Comment

Working...
                X