Where is my worker captured by AI?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where is my worker captured by AI?

I have a few workers captured by AI. It used to be they are around since they can only move 1 square away from my border. But now after the patch, I can no longer find them. Did the AI disbandon it or do they get auto-shipped to their inland?

I have noticed the exact same thing after the patch. The worker simply dissapears after being captured by the AI.

Don't know if this is a bug or a design decision.

Comment

Surelly a bug,I agree with you,in addition several times I had an alone worker captured bastardly from AI in this way:

I can see every square 20x20 around the worker and there was no enemy units and the next turn suddenly appeared a tank....pufff.....and ****ed my 6 workers....I have to notice that there were no rail close there.....maybe AI is not correct as me.

Cheers

Comment

I had a couple workers captured as well and when i went to take them back the next turn i couldn't find them. I just assumed the AI disbanded them.

Comment

I'm pretty sure you're right, Vaslor. And, in the situations I've noticed, it is good AI strategy. If you capture a worker and have no way to get them to a secure location, it's good strategy to just disband them, so the enemy can't get them back.

Comment

I have made the same assumption (disbanded), and it is what I would have probably done myself

I hope the AI is not whisking them away somehow

Comment

workers

Yes the AI is disbanding your workers unless they can get back in the enemy's territory in 1 move. Also I noticed that foreign workers do not work fasters or as quickly as your own after replaceable parts. Bug I dont know but i do know it was taking them 2X longer to lay roads, rails, mine, etc. So what did I do with these worthless workers? Well I turned them into my population. I had a city make new better workers in 1 turn and then would add one worker back to the city

Comment

It's the equilvalent of kidnappers slicing the throat of their victims as a heinous form of political protest.

Poor lil' workers. Some of them I captured in war more than three thousand years ago. Knew all of them by name, too. "Oh my god! They killed Kenny! Those bast-ards!"

Comment

The worker is captured by AI in its own territory ( i was building road to faiclitate attacking). Still, they vanished. Disbanding does not sound right here.

Comment

The disappearance of workers is part of the new option to turn off enemy animation. If you turn it back on in the options menu you will once again see your worker scuttle off but you will again have to indure endless minutes of enemy moves.

Comment

Originally posted by francoImpaler
                      The disappearance of workers is part of the new option to turn off enemy animation. If you turn it back on in the options menu you will once again see your worker scuttle off but you will again have to indure endless minutes of enemy moves.
                      Errrm, no.

You see, even with animation off, you are still able to see the enemy units once they have finished moving

About captured workers disappearing, the AI does disband them if it has no chance of getting them back to their own territory. It does keep them if it is near its own territory too. Ive had both instances happen to me.

About captured workers working at half your workers speed: THEY ALWAYS DO!!! Captured workers (aka slaves) always work at half the speed of your native workers. Once replacable parts rolls around, your slaves double their production, but so too do your native workers. What i normally do is add my native workers to cities, and keep the (free) slaves for building stuff.

Hope that helps people.
                      I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

You see, even with animation off, you are still able to see the enemy units once they have finished moving
                        Does that apply even if the finishing location is out of view of any of your units or cities? If the worker manages to get to a railroad, it could teleport miles away.

Comment

It is in the middle age, so no railroad. Worker disappears in AI's territory. I guess the algorithm is more complicated.

Comment

Working...
                          X