Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

To Firaxis: OK, we have 1.16f, now when will be next patch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To Firaxis: OK, we have 1.16f, now when will be next patch?

Will it be in this year, on in beggining of next year?

Some estimate?

What are plans for next patch.

Mosty likely unit balance (look stratgey tread from Jeff)
    Some bugs solved.

Is editor upgade in plan for NEXT patch (or it will be some time later)?

Is Hotseat & PBEM in plan for ANY patch (or it will be when MP Civ3 gets out)?

Comment

You've got to be kidding. It took begging on hands and knees to get one Firaxis employee to admit that group movement would be a good thing. If you get answers to your questions, I'll kiss your foot.
      "Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatum." — William of Ockham

Comment

They must give us this info anyway.

It's better then mailing to ask the civ team!

Comment

I`d love to see a patch this weekend, kind of an early Xmas present for all us "true" gamers.......but somehow I think not.

What would you prefer? a smallish patch released this week or a larger patch mid January?

Ho ho ho

Comment

weekly patches to update things as we go, instead of waiting a month or two per patch is annoying.

But thats just me
            Fool me once, shame on you.
            Fool me twice, shame on me

Comment

Originally posted by Libertarian
              You've got to be kidding. It took begging on hands and knees to get one Firaxis employee to admit that group movement would be a good thing. If you get answers to your questions, I'll kiss your foot.
              Daaaaammmmmnnn, and I missed it? What thread was that in?

As for the patch ...

[firaxis mode]
              We cannot comment on the patch, the availability of said patch, contents of patch, release date, if there is a patch, if there isn't a patch, if it's being worked on, discussed or even thought about.
              [/firaxis mode off]
              Orange and Tangerine Juice. More mellow than an orange, more orangy than a tangerine. It's alot like me, but without all the pulp.

~~ Shamelessly stolen from someone with talent.

Comment

I think that small weekly patches would be much better, at least then all of us would feel like something was actually being done. Even if not that much changed, at least each week maybe one or two things that annoyed us would get changed.
                DO, OR DO NOT, THERE IS NO TRY - Yoda
                EAGLES MAY SOAR, BUT... WEASLES DON'T GET SUCKED INTO JET ENGINES - Unknown
                AMBITION IS A POOR EXSCUSE FOR PEOPLE WHO ARE TOO STUPID TO BE LAZY - Unknown

Comment

Wow, I;ve never seen a thread filled with more wishful thinking. I bet we don't see another until at least Jan 20-Feb 1 .

Comment

S if for Sleep/Sentry

Was anyone able get a Firaxian to admit that bringing back the s for sleep/sentry command would be a good thing too?
                    “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.â€

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man​

Comment

Re: S if for Sleep/Sentry

Originally posted by pchang
                      Was anyone able get a Firaxian to admit that bringing back the s for sleep/sentry command would be a good thing too?
                      No.

Any more questions?

Fred

Comment

Originally posted by Kolyana

[firaxis mode]
                        We cannot comment on the patch, the availability of said patch, contents of patch, release date, if there is a patch, if there isn't a patch, if it's being worked on, discussed or even thought about.
                        [/firaxis mode off]

P.S.
                        Funny, but true.

Comment

Originally posted by Kolyana

Daaaaammmmmnnn, and I missed it? What thread was that in?

As for the patch ...

[firaxis mode]
                          [/firaxis mode off]
                          This was a general comment made by Soren (I believe) shortly after the game came out. Before all the whining people started *****ing because Firaxis didn't send all their programmers out to update people on the status of the patches instead of making the darn things.

I gess we should have the programmers here telling us what will be coming instead of making it happen.

Comment

I would say that weekly patches are completely out of the question. Running through a test cycle probably takes at least a week by itself!

Unless, of course, people would like patches with absolutely no testing whatsoever...

Comment

Originally posted by GodSpawn
                              I would say that weekly patches are completely out of the question. Running through a test cycle probably takes at least a week by itself!

Unless, of course, people would like patches with absolutely no testing whatsoever...
                              That would be more like PUBLIC BETA TESTING.

I have an idea.
                              Why don't we ask Firaxis about some type PUBLIC BETA PATCH TESTING for free?

Comment

Working...
                              X