Diplomacy screen: All lines missing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diplomacy screen: All lines missing

All the lines in my deplomacy screen have dissapeared, including the legend. I have a voodoo5 5500PCI with Windows 98 and Over 1024x768 windows screen resolution.

What version of the game do you have?
    Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

I had the same problem when I first installed 1.16f - the solution is that you need to run the patch exe TWICE. Once to remove (and yes I know that the pop up dialouge box says it uninstalls then it says it installs - it's lying!). Just run the patch again and see if the problems fixed. If it's not you might try doing a complete reinstall of the game and then the patch.
      'I believe in Peace, *****'
      - Tori Amos

Comment

If the lines are missed with the patch he need OpenGL drivers.
        Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

I don't know, my OpenGL drivers seem to be OK enough to play Quake 3 or Return to Castle Wolfenstein, but I'm getting the disappearing lines after the patch, too. Not only in the diplomacy, but also in the tech tree. It also seems to happen only after a while. At first it's all well, but after a couple of hours, no more lines for me.

And I'm on a GeForce 3, while he's on a Voodoo 5. I find it a tad less than likely that both 3dfx and nVidia would make the exact same mistake in their OpenGL drivers.

Comment

The same thing is happeneing to me. Apart from crashing mysteriously at odd moments on my Win XP machine , the diplomacy lines dissappear about every 10 turns. I can restart the game and that brings them back....for 10 or so more turns until they dissappear again. This, along with frequent, inconsistant crashes, is the reason why I am not risking my sanity by playing Civ3 until a patch comes out that will actually fix these things.....probably sometime after I die.
            Making the Civ-world a better place (and working up to King) one post at a time....

Comment

Originally posted by N. Machiavelli
              The same thing is happeneing to me. Apart from crashing mysteriously at odd moments on my Win XP machine , the diplomacy lines dissappear about every 10 turns. I can restart the game and that brings them back....for 10 or so more turns until they dissappear again. This, along with frequent, inconsistant crashes, is the reason why I am not risking my sanity by playing Civ3 until a patch comes out that will actually fix these things.....probably sometime after I die.
              Yeah, I get consistent crashes on my XP machine, but only about after 5 hours or so of gameplay. Also running windows media player in the background!
              If the voices in my head paid rent, I'd be a very rich man

Comment

I have the patch version. I uninstalled CivIII and re-installed before applying the patch. I have latest openGL drivers for Voodoo 5 and directx 8.0a And only happens after a few turns.

Comment

Same problem

I have a primitive 433 Celeron machine with a decrepit ATI Video card and get the same problem. I have solved it by saving the game and rebooting my computer. I find this also refreshes my swap files and speeds up the game.
                  "Our lives are frittered away by detail....simplify, simplify."

Comment

Working...
                  X