X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has Civ 3 gone straight to the bargain bin

at Compuexpert

Boy, that makes me really happy (NOT)

Seems like a special offer only, it's not permanently. Curious to see the official list price to be $30. Seems they've started lowering the prices.
    Skeptics should forego any thought of convincing the unconvinced that we hold the torch of truth illuminating the darkness. A more modest, realistic, and achievable goal is to encourage the idea that one may be mistaken. Doubt is humbling and constructive; it leads to rational thought in weighing alternatives and fully reexamining options, and it opens unlimited vistas.

Elie A. Shneour Skeptical Inquirer

Comment

K-Mart Australia taken 25% off...already?

Comment

Prices are dropping

Same thing is happening here in British Columbia, Canada. Retail outlets either have sales, or the price drops. I suspect its due to the disapointments of the final product. I wonder if Firaxis is aware of this?

Charles.
        - What we do in life, echos in eternity.

Comment

I suspect the price drop in the US is tied to weak holiday retail sales.

Recession+Holidays=Low, low prices

Comment

Re: Prices are dropping

Originally posted by CharlesUFarley
            Same thing is happening here in British Columbia, Canada. Retail outlets either have sales, or the price drops. I suspect its due to the disapointments of the final product. I wonder if Firaxis is aware of this?

Charles.
            Ya think?
            Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

I can't find Civ3 anywhere

Oh well
              Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
              "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

A have just checked at Amazon. The limited TIN edition has lost 10 $ since last week. It was 49$, now it is only 39$.

Comment

Oh no, the bottom has fallen out of the the civ market!

Quick, sell your assets while you still can, SELL SELL!!!

With luck I'll be able to pick Civ3 for a quarter of the price in jan/feb.
                  Skeptics should forego any thought of convincing the unconvinced that we hold the torch of truth illuminating the darkness. A more modest, realistic, and achievable goal is to encourage the idea that one may be mistaken. Doubt is humbling and constructive; it leads to rational thought in weighing alternatives and fully reexamining options, and it opens unlimited vistas.

Elie A. Shneour Skeptical Inquirer

Comment

I read the description of Empire Earth on that site. Sounds like it might have a bit more "fun" value than Civ3.

Comment

Originally posted by jimmytrick
                      I read the description of Empire Earth on that site. Sounds like it might have a bit more "fun" value than Civ3.
                      I do suggest you move on to Empire Earth. I have. Decent EE singleplayer game on medium difficulty takes about as long as an average game of Civ3. The exception is that 75% of the time in Civ3 is spent on micromanaging your workers for hours; EE is constant action. Think of Age of Empires on sterroids.
                      Making the Civ-world a better place (and working up to King) one post at a time....

Comment

I also give the thumbs up on EE. I had to stop playing, though, because my lifestyle (being a relatively new father) won't allow me to do much of the RTS thing these days, but still a great game.
                        I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

"Yin": Your friendly, neighborhood negative cosmic force.

Comment

Does anyone know where to access the monthly sales figures for all PC games? I know Civ3 started out at first, but I haven't seen any stats lately. My game store manager says it's not selling that well; only to the hardcore civ fans. If true, this would be in line with my prediction that Civ3 would enjoy good initial sales due to the title and designers' rep, but they would not last because the game is flawed and tedious.
                          Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

A source at a local computer store informs me that there are a large number of Civ3 returns...he hasn't seen this many since Black and White.

And we know how that turned out

K
                            "You are, what you do, when it counts."

President of the nation of Riis in W3's SimCountry.

Comment

The ONLY thing that keeps me from absolutely celebrating that news is that there might never be a complete version of Civ3 (current one is beta). Why would I celebrate? Because I love to see companies thrashed for A) selling betas and B) treating customers like second-class citizens.

Heck, considering the overall behavior of Firaxis and Infogrames, I don't think even the finished Civ3 (Gold Edition) will be all that spectacular. So my final answer:

I'll do a tap-dance if hordes of Civ3's are actually being returned or simply left on shelves to collect dust!
                              I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

"Yin": Your friendly, neighborhood negative cosmic force.

Comment

Working...
                              X