A quick question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A quick question

I have a quick question (i know this is writen in here somewhere but I don't feel like picking through the forum all day).

I haven't patched yet...
    Will my 1.07 saved game run under 1.16? I know it is 'supposed' to work, but does it.
    Also will all the fixes show up in my game, like the fixed communism corruption and that stuff.
    I have a hugh Zulu Commie empire on Marla's map that spans from southern Africa to Japan and the corruption is REALLY bad around the coast of China or so. I was hoping that maybe I could start that game up again with the coruption not so bad in Asia.

Sorry if my spelling is really bad I have been awake for way too long.

Thanks in advance
    " Conceit, arrogance, and egotism are the essentials of patriotism." - Emma Goldman

William Seward Burroughs
    February 5, 1914 - August 2, 1997 R.I.P. Uncle Bill, you are missed.

Yes.

Your thread title might have been:

"Do old saved games work with the patch?"
    Just a suggestion.

Comment

Yes, but be wary ... if you have modded your civ3.bic (whatever it's called), it will not be replaced an many of the new rule changes will not take effect.

I had to delete (or move) my file and then install the patch ... which then recreates it.
      Orange and Tangerine Juice. More mellow than an orange, more orangy than a tangerine. It's alot like me, but without all the pulp.

~~ Shamelessly stolen from someone with talent.

Comment

Yes, your game will work, BUT...

Dan at Firaxis has said something to the effect that their is a chance that maybe some stuff won't work the same possibly in a saved game loaded into the patched .exe sometimes perchance...

Yes, he was that unspecific...

So, keep that in mind. Some of the patched items may not work the same under an old save as a new game.

And Lotus is right, alot of people got quick questions, it helps us ALL if we put the question in the title, so people with the same question dont post it 80 times, and they can find it easier on a search...

Venger

Comment

Working...
        X