Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Optional "Postpone Golden Age?" pop-up dialog?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is very important when the "Golden Age" comes. I have had it triggered at a times when most of my cities are built up with little left to build. What a waste. I mainly play the Japanese and use the Samurai with Cavalry to trigger the golden age. This way the extra production is used to provide reserve troops for my invading army.

Comment

I'm never opposed to giving the player more options, but I don't think I'd personally use the postpone golden age option. Seems to me that this would detract somewhat from the game.

As mentioned before on this thread, I think the civs were designed such that some would have golden ages before others. Being able to manipulate this might affect game balance...but I dunno. Using this option just wouldn't feel right...it just kinda seems like a cheat to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Moraelin
        Personally I can't see how would you realistically postpone a golden age.

And besides, early golden ages aren't THAT bad. Later in the game I have everyone happy, I'm getting 4-5 turns for any research, and I'm making 1500 or more gold per turn. It's early when I have more problems.

IMHO a better idea would be to have multiple golden ages. Of course, it would become less and less probable to get one, and there should be a minimum of 100 turns after one when you absolutely can't have another one yet, no matter what you do, but it should be possible. Can't see why just because I had one golden age in 2000 BC, my people absolutely can't get all worked up again, 4000 years larter.

That said, I voted that I wouldn't use it, but if anyone else wants to, why not?
        I couldn't have said it better myself
        I drink to one other, and may that other be he, to drink to another, and may that other be me!

Comment

Working...
        X