Let's hope it's a good one
    Without any fear
    War is over, if you want it
    War is over now

Happy Xmas

Happy Xmas (War Is Over)
    Yoko Ono & John Lennon
    Sorry....nothing to say!

civ isn't a war game, i have word word to say: DUH!

Comment

Well, it ACTS like a war game...

I'm trying to play it with culture, diplomacy, and development. I try to arrange a reasonable defense. I build roads to connect my cities early, and I build roads to connect with the AI so that trading is permitted. I expand my cities, keeping a coherent border for their protection from easy cultural takeover.

And what happens every time? Some AI I haven't met yet appears on my border and sends 40 or 50 swordsmen and war chariots swarming in like locusts. They have like 2 cities, were "randomly" placed on top of iron and horses, and have done nothing all game but crank out units, saving them just for me.

No such thing as too many units for their civ to support for them. No such thing as corruption for them. As far as I can tell, I can't even go into "cheat" mode to study what they are doing to see if it is possible for me to do the same.
      Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
      Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
      Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
      Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

Someone call Firaxis and tell them to delete all the military units from the game.

I am curious - were Civ and Civ2 war games?

Venger

Comment

Originally posted by Venger
          Someone call Firaxis and tell them to delete all the military units from the game.

I am curious - were Civ and Civ2 war games?

Venger
          [Firaxis Mode]
          We have supplied an Editor.

Using our wonderful editor you can remove all of the military units from the game yourself.

Our editor makes it possible to play CivIII exactly how *you* want it.

Have a good day.
          [/firaxis mode]
          Orange and Tangerine Juice. More mellow than an orange, more orangy than a tangerine. It's alot like me, but without all the pulp.

~~ Shamelessly stolen from someone with talent.

Comment

huh?

Comment

I dunno about you lot but my tanks are very cultural.

They have ran over many civs histories.
              Im sorry Mr Civ Franchise, Civ3 was DOA

Comment

Originally posted by Kolyana

[Firaxis Mode]
                We have supplied an Editor.

Using our wonderful editor you can remove all of the military units from the game yourself.

Our editor makes it possible to play CivIII exactly how *you* want it.

Have a good day.
                [/firaxis mode]
                Thank you so much. We should do your work for you, in other words, to make a playable game of it?

I do not particularly want to create some unique set of changes that only I play. Quite frankly, I have very little interest in SP mode. Anyone who wants to adjust the program to sufficiently stupid/advantageous play so that they can win, is welcome to do so. As far as I am concerned, SP is just a training ground for real (MP) competition.

What I want (and what I was led to expect) was a game that (as designed) was fair, challenging, and complex, on its own, in SP mode. What I got was something far less than the sum of its parts (thank you Venger). The very things most promoted (culture, diplomacy, building) are the very things least apparent in gameplay.

Having to make my game a unique edited experience is the exact opposite of what I expected and wanted. I can't return it to the place I purchased it, because it took so long to even be able to load it and play it that the 30 days had passed.

The game is garbage. Can I return it to you for a refund?
                Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
                Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
                Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
                Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

Originally posted by cavebear

Thank you so much. We should do your work for you, in other words, to make a playable game of it?

I do not particularly want to create some unique set of changes that only I play. Quite frankly, I have very little interest in SP mode. Anyone who wants to adjust the program to sufficiently stupid/advantageous play so that they can win, is welcome to do so. As far as I am concerned, SP is just a training ground for real (MP) competition.

What I want (and what I was led to expect) was a game that (as designed) was fair, challenging, and complex, on its own, in SP mode. What I got was something far less than the sum of its parts (thank you Venger). The very things most promoted (culture, diplomacy, building) are the very things least apparent in gameplay.

Having to make my game a unique edited experience is the exact opposite of what I expected and wanted. I can't return it to the place I purchased it, because it took so long to even be able to load it and play it that the 30 days had passed.

The game is garbage. Can I return it to you for a refund?
                  [Infogreed mode]
                  No, that would be in breach of copyright laws and we'd be forced to slap you with a writ and a cease & desist order.

Please refrain from having such thoughts. Those thoughts are copyrighted for your protection.
                  [/infogreed mode]
                  Orange and Tangerine Juice. More mellow than an orange, more orangy than a tangerine. It's alot like me, but without all the pulp.

~~ Shamelessly stolen from someone with talent.

Comment

Working...
                  X