This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pettiness

Amazingly, after corruption levels and wacky combat results, the next-most-complained-about thing in Civ3 is the population number and its sort of shadow thingy.

That the most trivial complaint imaginable draws so much attention and has spawned so many threads astounds me. So I shall simply say this:

Everybody who has complained bitterly about this are right ****ers.

One ****** even went so far as to say that it "ruined the game's beautiful look". What a ****! Even those funny boxes that are all over the screen deserve more attention than this.

Just to recap:

Everybody who has complained bitterly about this are right ****ers.

Thank-you for your time.
    Regards,
    Disgracian

What was the point of your post? Trying to win this years award for ambiguity?
    Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world. - Albert Einstein

Comment

He's got my vote hands down!

Comment

He does have a point.
        Just not one worth an entire new thread
        I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

So everyone who has an oppinion are right ****ers ?
          My Website: www.geocities.com/civcivciv2002/index.html
          My Forums: http://pub92.ezboard.com/bacivcommunity

Comment

DP.

#$&!@%$#@ server is too busy error...

Comment

right... wingers?

Comment

Skanky - In hindsight, you are probably correct. Unfortunately, the post that I wanted to respond to was on page 1 of a 3 page thread, so it seemed kind of silly to post a reply after such a delay. Less confusing to open a new topic, I thought.

SixArmedMan - Thanks for the show of support. I feel vindicated!

El Awrence - Uh, errr... Yes, right wingers. That sounds good.

hetairoi22 - If that's the best interpretation you can manage, then I feel very sorry for you.
                Regards,
                Disgracian

Comment

Care to explain what "the population number and its sort of shadow thingy." is? I don't normally venture into these forums and am not exposed to the endless rants, so I've probably not even noticed it... what ever 'it' is.
                  Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

I think the point is not the shadowy numbers, but the fact that the game has x-amount of things that need to be fixed ... and this was not one of them.

So, some bright spark over at Firaxis took his list, wrote "ALTER NUMBERS" on the top in pencil and then spent his afternoon learning Photoshop.

The result was a pointless, unrequested, un-needed 'fix' that actually was to the detriment of the game rather than any benefit.

When viewed from the perspective of "With so much to fix, why did they let loose the secretary with paintshop pro?" it is somewhat annoying.

They created an extra problem rather than getting rid of one.

Lose sleep over it? No. Stopped playing the game? No. But if one of my staff members spent their time creating problems rather than fixing them, I'd be upset. This is a similar situation.
                    Orange and Tangerine Juice. More mellow than an orange, more orangy than a tangerine. It's alot like me, but without all the pulp.

~~ Shamelessly stolen from someone with talent.

Comment

Working...
                    X