Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you upgrade army units?

See subject heading.

If you can't upgrade them, and get your best units stuck in a 3-unit stack of Ancient units that can't even be transported by Triremes, then the armies are even worse than advertised!

I finally found the answer after searching this forum, but you have to admit it's silly.

Comment

So how do you upgrade army units ? I thought you couldn't.
      Over, under, around, or through

Comment

I found it by accident, perhaps it is in the book?

First you need a barracks in the city (it may need several cities with barracks on same continent not sure of that one because I had about 6 barracks before I noticed the icon) then of course you need to have researched the advance.
        Then an icon looking like a lightning flash appears over an active unit during your turn. Clicking this icon gives you the option of upgrading that unit. But note that if a unit is "fortified" it does not become active so unless you zoom your city and check the garrison you can find that you still have a fortified spearman with Jet fighters attacking.
        Crazy Bear = HulluKarhu from Finland
        Hullu= Crazy, Karhu= Bear
        puuttumattomuuspolitikka= not a Good idea to interfere with.

Comment

But you can't activate individual units in an army.
          Over, under, around, or through

Comment

I dont believe its posible to upgrade units in an army.
            "What can you say about a society that says that God is dead and Elvis is alive?" Irv Kupcinet

"It's easy to stop making mistakes. Just stop having ideas." Unknown

Comment

Re: How do you upgrade army units?

Originally posted by Rakso

If you can't upgrade them, and get your best units stuck in a 3-unit stack of Ancient units that can't even be transported by Triremes, then the armies are even worse than advertised!
              Building an ancient army is good but to have to use it to win at least one battle, this will give you access to a lot of small wonders, including the one that lets you build armies, one that increases chances of getting more leaders(all the rest for completing wonders in one turn), and the pentagon, which gives you a fourth unit. So build it, and get into a war you can handle if you have to just to use it.

Comment

An Army with 3 combat units in it counts as FOUR units for purposes of loading onto a ship (3 units + Leader).

BTW, HulluKarhu was referring to units, not armies.

For other interesting answers to interesting questions, check out the 'Top' thread "The CIV3 FAQ: COMMON QUESTIONS/COMPLAINTS/ARGUMENTS and their ANSWERS"

Comment

Also, don't put units with special abilities in the army, such as mounted units. Ordinary infantry type units are best, either defensive or offensive.

Comment

Working...
                  X