X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is the patch any good

I have yet to install it

It's okay. 5 out of 10.

Corrects something, doesn't correct other things, does funky things with the population-figure font.
    Orange and Tangerine Juice. More mellow than an orange, more orangy than a tangerine. It's alot like me, but without all the pulp.

~~ Shamelessly stolen from someone with talent.

Comment

Yes, it is worth it. It fixes the corruption problem and several typos along with several other tweeks. I highly recommend it.
      I came. I saw. I conquered. And sometimes get conquered.

Comment

If you're running XP, I'd recommend not installing it. I did and the game has not run since. And the game will not uninstall or reinstall. So it cannot be played, unfortunately.

Other people running XP have not had problems, but I'm just passing along my experiences.

Comment

well I'm running win 98

Comment

I have downloaded it. so I guess I will install it now.

Comment

Re: Is the patch any good

It's worth the download, assuming you're not running a 2400-baud modem. It fixes some minor gameplay issues, and apparently (I say, not having encountered them) some major technical issues.

Unfortunately it still leaves many major gameplay issues unsolved and many of the minor gameplay issues as well. The 5/10 is about right, but I think we're still some time away from having a full version of Civ3.
              Last edited by BigNick; December 12, 2001, 22:23.

Comment

is corruption fixed?

by which i mean, greatly reduced? did i read that police stations now help? do courthouses actually do something?

Comment

They modified it, but it still sucks.

I've got cities only 20 or so 'squares' from a forbidden palace and the corruption is so rife that even with *every* building they are only producing 1 good shield and 1 commerce.

A good three quarters of my empire have rife corruption, and this is under a bloody democracy with well placed FP and Capital. It's silly, really, really, silly.

Apparently, according to Firaxis, All of the cities in the US of A are rife with corruption the further from Washington they are.

No, the patch hardly touches corruption at all. You'll not notice it.
                  Orange and Tangerine Juice. More mellow than an orange, more orangy than a tangerine. It's alot like me, but without all the pulp.

Comment

that explains why those lazy Alaskans took so long to build the pipeline

Comment

Its worth mentioning the change theyve made to Communism too.
                      My Chinese Commies who are nearing on a Domination victory have most of thier cities with a reasonable amount of production that isnt being wasted due to corruption.
                      Natch they all have Courthouses and Police Stations.

Comment

i have win95 and it runs really nice on it. AI is a tad better, some tweaks have been made and it is nice to see your fighters doing some interception.....
                        subs are finally okay and you cannot tech whore anymore....

Comment

Originally posted by PhillipII
                          Its worth mentioning the change theyve made to Communism too.
                          My Chinese Commies who are nearing on a Domination victory have most of thier cities with a reasonable amount of production that isnt being wasted due to corruption.
                          Natch they all have Courthouses and Police Stations.
                          Actually, because I was quite spread out, I figured that switching to Communism may help ... even out the corruption. I went through 8 turns of Anarchy only to find it even bloody worse! I couldn't get out of Communism fast enough.

I wish there was some way of determining if an alternative government would be beneficial or not.

Comment

I wish there was some way of determining if an alternative government would be beneficial or not.
                            Bring back the Civ2 concept of changing government any number of times within the single turn of getting out of Anarchy?

Comment

Only thing I don't understand, the patch seems to make the AI incredibly miserly!

I keep asking them to trade me 100000000 gold for absolutely nothing, and the stingy @#%$s won't give it to me!

Comment

Working...
                              X