No announcement yet.

Which civ do you play the most?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

overall, the iroquois edge out the americans. my first bunch of games were as the americans, my latest games have been as the iroquois.
    Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

Japanese is my current civ of choice. Militaristic is a must if you are planning long conflicts - you might even pick up a leader early to build your Forbidden Palace instead of waiting 100 turns. Later leaders can be used for wonders - not a bad bonus for a civ.

Religious is great with the low cost people pleasers like cathedrals etc. Also great for quick builds on temples for cultural expansion and territory fill ins in the early game. Immediate gov change is a big saver if you are going to war as you can switch to communism and back to democracy without the five turn production penalty. (not good to have no production for 5 turns when you are at war).

I usually declare my main war (first is near the start of the game for expansion) with cavalry and use a samurai to start the golden age. By that time I have built a lot of what I need in the cities and use the extra production to pump out military.

Comment

Lately I've preffered the Indians, their attributes are pretty darn good, and their war elephants are a good unit to rebalance the political map if you got screwed resource wise.
        By working faithfully eight hours a day, you may get to be a boss and work twelve hours a day.

Comment

Good poll, Dis.
          I've played the Chinese in the last couple "post-patch" games for the militaristic qualities (for early leaders) and industriousness to try to keep up (playing on the level just below diety--I'm at work & can't remember which one it is). So far, it's working out fairly well. I'm interested in trying out the French next, then Persians--they're the one's who are scientific & industrious, right?

Comment

Originally posted by ColdWizard
            overall, the iroquois edge out the americans. my first bunch of games were as the americans, my latest games have been as the iroquois.
            Those mounted horseman are simply awesome. You get them early, they upgrade well, and you can use them as is against units up until the Industrial Age. And that whoop they give out when they become elite is my favorite sound effect in the game. Plus you get the "We Love the Chief" title instead of WLTK. Too bad about being Expansionist though. but I guess you can't have everything.

Comment

I like the Germans. Bismarck is one of the few leaders who looks decent in most time eras and with the Panzer you can just mop up the AI with amazing speed.

I've heard good things about the Persians and the Babylonians, so I think I'm gonna play as one of them next.

Comment

I try to play a different civilization each game just to try on their unique perspective.

Seeking a challenge? Try the Zulus! I tend to be a conservative player, a "builder;" I knew right off that I was in for an uphill battle with this aggressive, militaristic civ and their stone-age Unique Unit. Pitted against the Persians, Japanese, and Russians, I often found my people on the brink of extinction on more than one occasion. Made for a rather interesting (and often frustrating) game.
                (Say what you want about the Impis - before 2500 BC they totally owned the known world!)

Comment

wow we got 5 people that play India. Alright

but still noboby like Britain? I'm really suprised more people don't play them. Same with zulus.

Comment

I played several games (well, part games) with the racial ablilites off to get an idea of the basics, then played several games with the americans. The scout/friendly villages is a toss up, but the industrious workers are great, if for nothing else to speed up early game play.

I plan on playing them all. Judging from my opponents, the commercial trait is a good one, or at least the AI seems to do well with it. French, Romans, Persians all seem to do well, will have to try them next.....hard to give up the traits you get used to.....

Comment

I play as the Brits normally. But I have to point out that it's really England, not Britain!
                      There's nae Scottish or Welsh cities in the list.

Comment

I did best with the Iroquois still the Cleopatra is my girlfriend.

Comment

bump (what does "bump" mean, anyway).
                          I'm doing this because I think this is still a 'useful' poll..
                          Last edited by Jaybe; December 14, 2001, 15:30.

Comment

Thanks fellow Las Vegan. Although "officially" I live in the desert

I'd like to keep this poll going through the weekend. I won't be posting here on the weekend. But I realize some people might not lurk or post here on the weekdays.

and bump is just what you did. It keeps threads on page 1 where people are likely to view, post, or vote in it. Especially on civ3-general with so many new threads created, many people never look on page 2.

Comment

The internet word "bump" is used to advance a topic to the head of a forum which might be important but have received few replies. However, some people try to blockade the topic by lambasting. I think it is the unspoken reply to diplomatic backstabbing, some times.

Originally posted by Jaybe
                              bump (what does "bump" mean, anyway).
                              I'm doing this because I think this is still a 'useful' poll.

Comment

Russia for me. I like having their city names, and brown is also a nice colour. I hate their leader though. I recently tried to play a game as the Americans, and I did find their 'industrious' attribute to be very useful. I cant believe the french are in the lead! You guys are cheesy cause you're just playing them due to their attributes. They are pink and French... thats enough to make me run the other way. Overall, I am not into having Civ specific attributes that effect more than deplomacy. Makes for much less replay value as the AI's always are going to act the same. A Randomizer could be cool, btu overall I would rather not see any attributes.

-FMK.

Comment

Working...
                                X