Marla's Earth Map: Can't pick scientific research

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marla's Earth Map: Can't pick scientific research

When using Marla's historic earth map and playing as the Romans I have found myself unable to research technology and that it is actually chosen for me. I'm wondering if anyone is experiencing this problem?

I have similar problem with my modified .bic file; the tech tree(the one that pops up with F6) does not work, it looks like a real mess, even though I did not change any of the technology requirements.

Comment

hey,

When you discovered something, normally you can choose what to discover next. On my games, that works.

But it's true you can't redirect science using the tech tree. That's a bug from the editor. I haven't changed anything in the tech tree. It's just that when you modify the size of the map, that bug comes up. I thought it has been corrected with the patch (that I still didn't download) but obviously it hadn't.

Well, I just hope Firaxis will do a patch for the editor (there's MANY things to change) and they will think about that bug, cause it's true it's boring. For example: when you're researching gunpowder, you trade it with someone else and then you're researching music theory and you can't change it. I just hope Firaxis will think about it. I've done everything possible on my side to solve the problem and it hasn't been successful.

Comment

This is a known problem with v1.07f and has been addressed in the v1.16f patch.

Dan
        Dan Magaha
        Firaxis Games, Inc.
        --------------------------

Comment

Thank you Dan !!!

Sorry about lil critics I've posted . You did a great job with the game and it's really great that you have made that patch so fast.
          I didn't know people from Firaxis were looking at apolyton forums !!! That's truly great

Comment

Working...
          X