AI wont take my money

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AI wont take my money

For some reason when i offer gold per turn (post patch btw) I immediatly get shot down by the AI diplomacy. Even If i add gold/turn to an otherwise acceptble offer the AI immediatly goes from "this would be acceptable" to "they would never accept this". The AI wont even take my gold/turn as a gift! Is this a bug? Or is it just my bad reputation? Do they not like the look of my credit report? Maybe they want to attack me in the near future and dont want to cut off their gold supply?

Not real sure...
    maybe youv'e got a bad exchange rate??
    You likee soupee?

Comment

Maybe they messed up something in the patch when fixing the 999999999 gold/turn bug.

Comment

I have the same problem, and I believe it's related to the changes in what the AI considers a good deal and not to the fix of the 999. . . gold bug.

I had this problem pre-patch, also, but MUCH more rarely. With the new patch I'll even run into situations where if I ask them to make a deal, they'll offer me more gold per turn than they will accept if I create the deal from scratch. If I accept their offer immediately, it works, but if I alter it in ANY way, or even put the SAME things on the list myself, they decline.

Weird stuff there. They don't WANT to accept giving OR taking beyond a certain amount of gold per turn, somehow related to their own income levels. If they only make 3 gold per turn at their current science rate, for instance, they won't let you GIVE them more than 3 gold per turn, illogically.

I think it's basically a bug where whoever meant to program them to never give more per turn than they can afford also made them never ACCEPT more gold per turn than THEY could afford to give.

Comment

I tried trading 100 gold for 1 gold per turn, the ai said they would never accept such a deal. What the hell is wrong with them. You can even offer 100 gold for 10 gold and they will turn it down...

Comment

Originally posted by kimmygibler
            I tried trading 100 gold for 1 gold per turn, the ai said they would never accept such a deal. What the hell is wrong with them. You can even offer 100 gold for 10 gold and they will turn it down...

Yes, what is wrong with them.
            Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

The AI will never give you gold pre turn if you are asking for more then their turnly income, which can sometimes be quite low or non existent. (there is no way of telling just how much they make, though)

This has been my experience, anyways.
              Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Originally posted by Osweld
                The AI will never give you gold pre turn if you are asking for more then their turnly income, which can sometimes be quite low or non existent. (there is no way of telling just how much they make, though)

This has been my experience, anyways.
                Yes, and this makes sense.

The oddity this thread is referring to is that they won't let YOU give THEM gold per turn more than THEIR turnly income either.

Comment

They STILL haven't fixed the 10 gold for 100 of theirs? Oh my Lord...

Venger

Comment

I saw this myself, post-patch. Invaded Germany, had a huge army parked outside Berlin, sued for peace. I asked for a small city of theirs and I got the response that you get when you aren't really close but they aren't insulted - 'I don't think they will go for this deal' or something like that. I added 1000 gold to sweeten the pot and it goes to 'They would never accept a deal like this'.

Comment

Working...
                    X