Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reinstalling the game best option

Originally posted by Ludwig
    I was experiencing the Settler-Radius-Display Bug and the Foreign-Advisor-Screen-Relationship-Lines Bug, but after rebooting my machine these two features are working normally.

I have taken six size 1 cities from the Japanese and have had the option to keep them [and have kept them] each time. They didn't start out as size 1 cities, though; they were bombarded down to that size, and maybe that makes a difference.

I believe that the City Disorder Warning only comes up the first turn that the city enters disorder. Once it has told you the first time, I guess the advisor figures it's the boss' problem to worry about.
    I had the same problem plus many others. I had to reinstall the game rebooting had no effect. After that though my first game crashed on 230x230 map. (256 megs of ram - 1 ghz AMD Radeon All In Wonder (newest one))
    I have had a settler, galley and one hoplite disappear after reloading a game. Workers will go into these dumb ass loops still. I will not list here, I have a long list already. I am seriously doubting they will even address half of these real bugs. I still will try to submit it.

Desert Dog
    Thanks ~ Desert Fox (Real Nickname)
    Fleet Admiral - NeoTech Games Network - Game News & Game Modding Community

Comment

Well, if it a design decision, then it is one I don't totally agree with. I mean, if we can choose to raze other cities we capture, why should the fate of a tiny city rest on a roll of the dice?

Consistency should take precedent over realism (after the battle the only thing left in the town is roads and burnt out or leveled buildings).

I hope I get my point across with this. It's late and I might not be posting clearly.
      To each his own...

Carpe Diem

Comment

Originally posted by Gatlin
        Consistency should take precedent over realism (after the battle the only thing left in the town is roads and burnt out or leveled buildings).
        I have a feeling this was a balance decision, because as it was there were practically no problems with bombarding the population down to less than 7 or even down to 1. I had been doing that to get rid of resistors. Now if you do that you run a risk of losing that wonder that the city holds, which, IMO makes sense. Before the patch, you do anything to the city and save the wonder if you selected to install a new governor.

Comment

er um

this diplomacy "bug" mentioned...is this different from the stated change that diplomatic relations are no longer shown if you do not have relations?

and a more serious possible bug is that scrolling is MUCH MUCH slower now.

I have a nvidia geoforce 2--the latest drivers sped the scrolling up dramatically. But this new patch has slowed it right down.

by scrolling i am talking about when a unit auto moves and the map scrolls with it.

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Bugs in Patch

Originally posted by barefootbadass

Probably not a bug, this was standard in civ 2, and also, it doesn't always destroy it. I think there is always now a chance of pop. loss when you kill a defender. No idea how big the chance is, but so far it seems to be at least 50%.
            How the hell do you know that? They don't know what they are doing how can you try to explain what they did in the patch? This is purely a case of BAD PROGRAMMING. To bad it was done by a TRUSTED game company like Firiaxis. Well really I blame all of this on Infogrames Interactive since they have been involved with this project.

Desert Dog
            Thanks ~ Desert Fox (Real Nickname)
            Fleet Admiral - NeoTech Games Network - Game News & Game Modding Community

Comment

RE: killing size 1 cities

It does indeed appear to be a 50% thing.
              I attacked a 2-city island, captured the first city, and it was burnt to the ground. The second is under my control as it should be...

Not sure whats going on with that
              I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Where is Lincoln ?????

I don´t know if this is related to the patch but I have played the game a lot and it has happened to me just after installing the patch that in the foreign advisor screen Lincoln never appears. Furthermore, there are two circles that take me to Catalina of Russia, the standard one and another empty one, just click on it and check by yourself... Please help if you can.

Note: I know the game well, I am not playing with more than wight civs where you have to change the faces you see manually, and I am not using any mod pack, nothing at all, just the game and the patch.

Attachment: where-is-lincoln.zip
                Attached Files

Comment

For Civilizator;

Try and Shift + Right-Click on the "empty circle". You should get a list, containing leaders to contact. Lincoln should be the only one in the list. Pick him and he will the be in the "empty" circle.

HTH,
                  Ced.

Comment

Ok..thanks Gatlin and Sevorak. I wasn't aware of that. I'm not getting the effects either though...is that normal? I haven't researched the cancellation techs yet.
                    Walk softly and carry a big stick...or better yet, a remote controlled nuclear device.

Comment

Deleted original post. Did not know there was a newer version of patch since friday. Damn I hate admiting I posted before reading the top thread
                      Last edited by napalm010; December 9, 2001, 12:51.

Comment

Patch

I had a size 1 city plundered by barbarians and they got 43 gold I had to click the screen 43 times before it closed .Each time I clicked to close the screen the number of money they got went down one .This only happed to me once Over all I like how you dont have to hear the unit sound everytime you move, the games is much faster now.I did notice my battleship was attacking land to the right and its guns where firing left did it do this before? I cant remember
                        Last edited by Plumbean; December 9, 2001, 13:37.
                        John Plavchan

Comment

Originally posted by barefootbadass

I have a feeling this was a balance decision, because as it was there were practically no problems with bombarding the population down to less than 7 or even down to 1.

Good point. The only thing is I wish they would have told us about this and not leave it as a surprise. I know it isn't much to just reload an autosave of the last turn, but what if it was one of the last actions of a long turn?
                          Also if they had told us, we could have adjusted our strategies accordingly. (ie. "Capturing a 1 pop. city has a x% chance of destroying said city, so use caution in bombardment and choosing which city to attack.")
                          To each his own...

Carpe Diem

Comment

Working...
                          X