Install "Bug" for Patch v1.16f

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Install "Bug" for Patch v1.16f

Suggestion for Firaxis to ANY future update (in fact, rolling this in with the updated 1.16f patch would be suggested):

When installing the 1.16f patch, it does not seem to grab the installation location from the registry. Instead, it just suggests an install to the Civilization 3 default install directory, C:\Program Files\Infogrames Interactive\Civilization III. This leaves some users that moved the original install folder in the dark.

I suggest to avoid a potential support cost hit (which, at this time of year, would be HIGHLY reccomended) that a fix for this be made high priority.

The patch installer should ping the key:

HKEY_Local_Machine\Software\Infogrames Interactive\Civilization III

for the value: Install_Path.

So, for example, on my machine, it pings there and finds I have Civ3 installed into E:\Games\Civ III. It puts that in the install path field and goes to town.

Also, that key is constant for ALL supported operating systems. In 9x, Me, 2000, and XP, the HKLM key tends not to change between them.

I sincerely hope that this issue is addressed with the next rev of the patch.
    ------------------------------------------
    So a bus stops at a bus station, and a train stops at a train station...what happens at my workstation?
Working...
X