Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If I ever play Civ3 again...

I have the best music...

The soundtracks for Gladiator and Spartacus in .mp3 format. Any special instructions for putting them into the game music rotation? Or should I just crank up Winamp? I used to play Winamp in Civ2, but of course, Civ2 had no .mp3 play ability...

Venger

I just turn off the ingame music and fire up Winamp.

I'm also very irritated at Winamp, because the random number generator on the shuffle command isn't random.

Comment

Originally posted by XPav
      I just turn off the ingame music and fire up Winamp.

I'm also very irritated at Winamp, because the random number generator on the shuffle command isn't random.
      LOL. It uses the same psuedo-random-number-generator that the Civ3 combat sys uses a.k.a your system clock.
      Making the Civ-world a better place (and working up to King) one post at a time....

Comment

If you have music you *only* want to hear in the ancient age, or during diplomacy for example, you can copy your mp3s to the relevant folders in civ3...

civ3/sounds/build/MiddleAges or
        civ3/sounds/Diplomusic

However if you just want your music to play during the whole game, it is *much* easier with winamp.
        I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

i thought this thread was going to sound something like if i ever play civ3 again, would someone please shoot me for wasting time on this worthless waste of disk space

Comment

Forget Winamp, I want to be able to play the game with QSound Player running in the background. If only QsP worked better when doing.. well, just about anything else.

Ah well, I guess Rockman doesn't fit very well with Civilization III anyway.

Comment

Working...
            X