bombardment is effective...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bombardment is effective...

...because everything has unlimited range! if you click bombard and then click a tile anywhere REALLY FAST, it shoots at the tile! even if its halfway around the world! so a new strat for a buggy game: just put a ton of artillerys in your capital, and bombard whatever AI city/TI/unit you want to
    The Civ3 world is one where stealth bombers are unable to sink galleons, Man-O-Wars are a powerful counter to battleships, and knights always come equipped with the AT-S2 Anti-Tank Sword.

The Simwiz2 Combat Mod Version 2.0 is available for download! See the changes here. You can download it from the CivFanatics Thread or the Apolyton Thread.

I found another bug like that, but I dunno if it's just graphically or it really works :

Take a worker on a road, because of the delay, due to the animation, move it by draging to a square that should end its turn (a squae with no road for example), but while the unit is on it's way, press real fast on I or R, to make him irrigate or start a road. As soon as he enter the tile that should end its turn, he starts right away to irrigate or build the road. But as I said, I haven't tested to see if it's just graphical, or he actually counted the turn as if he started. I think because of the delay of the anims and all, some bugs like that can occur. I guess it's the same way with the bombardment bug you found, if it really works.

Also, I was wondering... am I the only one able to move thru river DIAGONALLY without loosing a turn pre-engineering? When you move thru a river straight ahead, you end your turn on the other side before you discover engineering, but not when you do it diagonally? Is that a bug or just a feature I am unaware of?
    -Karhgath

Comment

Will be fixed

According to the list on v1.16, the folk at fixaris noticed this and have fixed it. It was nice while it lasted.
      If you don't like reality, change it! me
      "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
      "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
      "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Working...
      X