Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enthusiasm Over Civ3

Or should I say, lack of enthusiasm?

I was involved in a Civ3 succession game, I think it was the first one organized on Apolyton. We decided before we began that we would have a 72 hour turn limit, after 72 hours your turn passes to the next in the succession just to keep things moving.

On a recent round of turns one person let his 72 hours pass without comment and he hasn't checked back as far as I know, another had to pass his turn because he had no time (too busy), a third (me) dropped from the game because he hadn't played Civ3 for 2 weeks due to boredom, and a fourth person passed his turn becuase he is playing Rails Across America and hasn't played Civ3 for the past 5 days.

It sounds to me as if this succession game is already dead even though one or two may try to continue the game. IMHO, the game itself (deservedly) can't be too far behind.

Regardless of all of the glowing reviews Civ3 has received I give it 3-6 months and this forum will be as slow a molases.

John-SJ

hey send to me, I'll play. I expect to be playing for at least 6 months (this might depend on when neverwinter nights is released)

Comment

Working...
    X