No announcement yet.

Captured Workers and Industrious Civs Documented

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When I played as the Zulu, the capturied Egyptian workers worked at the same rate as my Zulu workers (half their normal rate as they are industrious) and twice as fast as other workers I had captured.

Comment

Wrong.

Unless there was some kind of peculiar mod anyway.

Comment

Is this the 'revive old Libertarian threads' week ???
        Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
        Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Thanks for your button tip, Skanky! I hadn't discovered that one.

It might be added that you can right-click on an engaged worker to find out how many turns remain until the work is complete.

I like using slave labor, but wish there were a way to unite the slaves into chain gangs, sort of like armies. I don't like the occasional waste of labor in mixed slave/worker groups, so I often send slaves to frontier cities and just cash them in to avoid the hassle of keeping them segregated. I usually have abundant native workers, so the loss of their labor doesn't hurt much.

Comment

Originally posted by sophist
            Almost right. The tooltips differ depending on whether the current unit is a native or slave worker. So if you're on a slave worker, it would have the proper duration for that worker, which would be half of what it would show if it were a native worker.
            Don't you mean "twice" instead of "half of"?

Comment

Working...
            X