Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Desires For Future Civ3 Patches (A thread saving thread)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please!

Please, pretty please!

Can we have:

1. Fundamentalism
    2. Plant nuke and plant disease (espionage)
    3. Trade food
    4. Trade military units
    5. Negotiate for return of captured units

or!

1. Editor ability to add in all of above

I know you can technically add fundamentalism with the editor, and any other govt. type, but I don't see anything in the editor to, for example, make fundamentalism eliminate unhappiness.

I know I have banged on about these for ages, but this shall be my final request.

The fact that these old Civ2 features are missing is seriously impeding my enjoyment of Civ3. But then again, I'm strange.

Comment

1) rhuarc -yes/ 2) re:fundamentalism/disease

Rhuarc. My post was a quote from the guy listed in that post.
      Just add that line to the ini file mentioned and you can play in any res.

For me, under win2k, the game would not even install until i changed it to the specified res. Since then, thats the res i use.
      But ya, i have seen a few people now mention the keepres=1 option.

------------------------

Fundamentalism/disease/planting nukes

I have a strong suspicion that these options were removed because of the recent Sept 11 tragedy.

It would be validating the taliban/al-q and terror as a legitimate civilization.

Comment

when you raze cities to the ground, please have some animation

Comment

Originally posted by star mouse
          * Remove the memory leaks that are still present in the game.

* Include a diplomacy screen that can handle all 16 civs.

* Make the civilopedia accessible from the city screen, particularly when choosing troops or improvements to build.

* Fix the sound glitches.
          Never heard these...

* Allow troops to be moved in a stack.

* Make borders over forest, jungle and irrigation easier to see.
          I think the 1st patch already addressed this issue.

* Make it possible to upgrade some unique units (like war elephant)
          So far this has been probably the only 'good list' IMO :P

Comment

First Off: A Kick butt Game!

I tried to play Pools of Radiance: Ruins of Myth Drannor but. . . Oh God. . . the bugs. . . the bugs. . .

Couple of things:

1. I have the very latest corrected patch. I am running Windows XP, 1024 M RAM, 60 G Hard Drive, Athlon XP 1700+, the fabled Soundblaster Live!, and a GeForce 3 Ti500. I dunno if this helps but I thought I'd give the specs.

2. The corruption must end. . .

3. I like the fact the game is harder though.

4. Fix the problem where units are stacked. I would like to have all of them activate at once rather than flip me across the universe to another active unit first.

5. For some reason, only 1 civ has coal every game I play. While this is cute, it has become disturbing.

6. What is the insanity of Civ's plopping a settler in the middle of your territory? Can this be stopped?

7. Hmmm. . . that's all for now, but I'll think of some more!

8. Just did. I feel artillery is useless. Any thoughts?
            It is a tale
            Told by an idiot
            Full of Sound and Fury
            Signifying nothing. . .

Comment

Some thoughts

First Off: A Kick butt Game!

I tried to play Pools of Radiance: Ruins of Myth Drannor but. . . Oh God. . . the bugs. . . the bugs. . .

Couple of things:

1. I have the very latest corrected patch. I am running Windows XP, 1024 M RAM, 60 G Hard Drive, Athlon XP 1700+, the fabled Soundblaster Live!, and a GeForce 3 Ti500. I dunno if this helps but I thought I'd give the specs.

2. The corruption must end. . .

3. I like the fact the game is harder though.

4. Fix the problem where units are stacked. I would like to have all of them activate at once rather than flip me across the universe to another active unit first.

5. For some reason, only 1 civ has coal every game I play. While this is cute, it has become disturbing.

6. What is the insanity of Civ's plopping a settler in the middle of your territory? Can this be stopped?

7. Hmmm. . . that's all for now, but I'll think of some more!

8. Just did. I feel artillery is useless. Any thoughts?
              It is a tale
              Told by an idiot
              Full of Sound and Fury
              Signifying nothing. . .

Comment

Oh yeah, and make bombardment kill stuff much more often rather than just bringing them down to 1hp, and if they're at 1hp they should die when bombarded..

I'd love to see a Firaxian respond this post and tell us what are the chances of any of this bieng addressed in civ3? A civ3 expansion pack? Civ4?

Comment

Re: Desires For Future Civ3 Patches (A thread saving thread)

a way to modify the number of cities needed per army would be nice, and a way to make it possible that armies are as common as normal units, this is one reason why i want this.
                  <Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.
                  Play Bumps! No, wait, play Slings!

Comment

I would like the ability to turn off/on cultural influence

its just way too random in my opinion.
                    Or, maybe its more to do with having 0 influence in captured cities regardless of what they still have.

Comment

domestic micromanagement

(Sorry i accidentally made a new thread but I meant to respond on this one)

Under "Contact Governor" there should be a button that automatically changes all selections of "This City" or "This Continent" to "All Cities." ( I hate having to individually click every single drop down to All Cities).

Let there be a "Wake All" option when you right click on a stack of units (so, when I have 40 tanks sleeping in a city and I go to war, I don't have to individually click on all of them.)

Comment

MOM

Originally posted by Nexus VI

Have you ever tried pressing the "E" key with any of your units?

Nothing to add, but MOM was a great game indeed... maybe one of the best TBS. Many races, many units (every race had its own), many spell (of many circles) and much much more... I love it, I'd like to see a MOM2 with all the wonderful things the first chapter had.
                        Well, until there is a new MOM, try Age of Wonders. It is almost a direct decendent of the original MOM.

Actually, for Civ, a combat resolution more like Civ CTP would be better, if it is done properly instead of how poorly CTP implemented it.

Comment

Please add/fix

1] Stack movement!!!!!!!

2] Ability to see existing agreements without engaging diplomacy with the ai.

3] Ability to ask what the AI will offer in exchange for for peace.

4] Ability to sort the list of cities in the domestic screen and have them STAY sorted. Currently the list reverts to its random order after a few seconds.

5] Highlight cities in trouble so that it is easy to find and fix them.

6] Include access to the demographic data from the domestic screen and some explaination as to how it is calculated.

7] Show the information necessary to decide if to click a button before I click the button, not after. ie, if I want to upgrade a unit or hurry a improvement the cost amount should show in a baloon over the button or somewhere on the screen and if unable, the button should be disabled.

8] I should be able to see and access ALL the civs in the diplomacy screen.

9] Give me an event log to respond to at leasure, don't drag me arround the globe to see fleeting events that barely have time to apprehend or stop the process to announce events that are simply informational but I still must respond to. Really, I hate that and it slows down the turn processing tremendously.

10] Give me a kill button for the paperclip personalities, or at least make their announcements more infromational rather than conclusionary. Give me facts, don't tell me what to do or what they mean. I know that if the enemy has more troops than I that that is a bad thing. It is nice to know that something is available, but don't tell me to build it. Juvinile comments really detract from game enjoyment.

Comment

End of game Blues

In the original game, getting your civilization to survive was a celebrated accomplishment and your high score was the cherry.

Now in a very negative and juvinile fashion you are subject to a stupidly insulting dart board. PLEASE remove this unecessary and revolting display of drek, it serves no purpose but meanness. At least give me the option of disableing it. The win display is equally silly and valueless. And worse, unimaginative. Use your brains and give me someting worth my viewing time.

The known as is fine, but add more terms and please deleat the stupid hammer and bell act, it is annoying and infantile.

Please include the appeliation name on the hall of fame list.

Comment

Borders

Borders should not extend beyond the first coastal square. I mean, really, who is reporting back to you, Charley the Tuna?

When you get radio you could justify seeing another square deeper by presuming or building Radar.

Building an Apollo should reveal unexpored areas if the map, satillite should keep your map updated.

Comment

numbers

I would like to see numbers beside the cities so i know how many i have...same with captured workers.

I would also like to see a record of how many units have been killed..just like in the other civs. However, i would like to be able to see that info even after the civilization is wiped out.

small things to be sure.

Comment

Working...
                                X