CivIII ... hell no bring on SMAC II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CivIII ... hell no bring on SMAC II

Well played and getting tired of CivIII, waiting for patch and hoping will make it last a little longer.

I am now missing SMAC and hoping that the next project of Firaxis will be SMAC II as for me SMAC is better then CivIII as lets face it had better diplomacy, better units, prototypes, terrain elevation, factions .... the list goes on ... Civ is tired bring on SMAC II

Run-on sentences are fun!

I liked SMAC a whole bunch too. I am really hope that someone decides to do a sequel for that awesome game.

Comment

And I'm really hoping that 'someone' won't be Firaxis, as they have clearly become a hack house after Brian left.

If Big Huge Games comes out with a SMAC-esque RTS, I'll pre-order it just on principle alone!
      I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

"Yin": Your friendly, neighborhood negative cosmic force.

Comment

If it doesn't have the vile pink graphics of SMAC, then it should be great.

Comment

That's a good point. At one time, I said the SMAC graphics looked like somebody tossed up a half digested taco onto an Etcha-Sketch.
          I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

Comment

Sci-fi sucks ***

Comment

Just does not make sense how they can go from building SMAC to CivIII ... in other words walking backwards!!!

Comment

I love SMAC, but what the hades would they base a sequel on???? I mean could you imagine the tech tree? If you did the transcendence ending the human race as a whole is no longer in corporal form, and a nano tech sociecty is forming on earth...........hmm I know a colony ship from AC goes to Earth but there is trouble on the ship and factio....... nahhhhh that concept just wouldnt work hehehhehe
                He knows changes are not permanent, but change is!

Comment

Stop whineing babys. Civ3 is an great game.

Comment

Sure, if you're hard-up to kill time.

Comment

Ohh go home I am not saying CivIII is a bad game, hell I bought it and play it! but just frustrating that after coming up with great ideas in SMAC they dont use some of them to make CivIII even better and really make it CivIII not CivII1/2 .... just seems they were a little lazy

Comment

I tend to think of lazy people as those who know what should be done but just don't do it. I'm not sure Firaxis even had a clear idea what should be done. That moves them more toward the incompetent department.

Comment

i don't see how they could improve smac that much. plus, they wouldn't be able to add enough good things to justify what would basically be a remake (like civ2) and it's not on a subject as great as civ (human history)

i'm doubting smac2 will be firaxis' next big thing. but hopefully dinos won't be

colinisation 2...that would be cool
                          Prince of...... the Civ Mac Forum

Comment

I thought most people hated SMAC because of the substandard AI, strange techs, strange wonders and non-intuitive improvements. Before Civ3 was released this is what I read most about SMAC. Why the sudden change?

PS: I personally liked SMAC. However, as of now I still prefer Civ3.
                            "To live again, to be.........again" Captain Kirk in some Star Trek Episode. (The one with the bad guy named Henok)
                            "One day you may have to think for yourself and heaven help us all when that time comes" Some condescending jerk.

Comment

Originally posted by Simpleton
                              I thought most people hated SMAC because of the substandard AI, strange techs, strange wonders and non-intuitive improvements. Before Civ3 was released this is what I read most about SMAC. Why the sudden change?
                              It's something new to complain about.

Comment

Working...
                              X