About the geographical & political mini-map

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• About the geographical & political mini-map

They should give that geographical & political minimap in the main game-screen yet another option.

Why not make it a 3-way toggle by adding a strategic resource availability map, as well. One colored dot for each indevidual strategic resource. Theres only 8 types of strategic resources in the game, and not so many of each, so that mini-map shouldnt be too cluttered.

Also, while im at it:

WHY are there only keyboard access to the Wonder-list screen, and the top-five/demographic screen? Firaxis should add interface-buttons as well. And the zoom-function, and the Clear map-function shouldnt be hided away in some 2 level deep game-preference menu either. Put them in the main screen instead.

Agreement

The keyboard interface and the graphical interface feel like they were made by two teams who were kept apart and thrown together at the last moment. I feel they are really disconnected and wonder if that sort of thing is patchable...

K
    "You are, what you do, when it counts."

President of the nation of Riis in W3's SimCountry.

Comment

you mean theres a key to get to the demographics and wonder screens?

all those times i have retired needlessly, then reloaded, just to check if i still had the top 5 cities...

maybe firaxis should finish the interface

anyway so what is the key to get to the screens?
      The Civ3 world is one where stealth bombers are unable to sink galleons, Man-O-Wars are a powerful counter to battleships, and knights always come equipped with the AT-S2 Anti-Tank Sword.

The Simwiz2 Combat Mod Version 2.0 is available for download! See the changes here. You can download it from the CivFanatics Thread or the Apolyton Thread.

Comment

Originally posted by simwiz2
        you mean theres a key to get to the demographics and wonder screens?

all those times i have retired needlessly, then reloaded, just to check if i still had the top 5 cities...

maybe firaxis should finish the interface

anyway so what is the key to get to the screens?
        They're both F-something...

Can't remember exactly which, and don't have time to look it up now, but if you go to pages 196-200 in the manual, it'll give you a list of all the shortcut keys in the game. For more information (and many other answers to questions), see The CIV3-GENERAL FAQ: COMMON QUESTIONS/COMPLAINTS/ARGUMENTS and their ANSWERS.

Or, if you want to, you can do what I do... hit F-1 through F-12 and see what each of them pop up (almost all of them are shortcut keys for various screens). If you're smarter than me, you can then write it down .

Good luck either way!

-- adaMada
        Last edited by adaMada; December 4, 2001, 22:11.
        Civ 3 Democracy Game:
        PTW Game: Proud member of the Roleplay Team, and Ambassador to Glory of War
        Intersite PTW Game: Member of Apolyton

Comment

Working...
        X