Hurray, I graduated to diety!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hurray, I graduated to diety!!

I played emperor lvl and had some success. I never went through an entire game so that I can learn how to start effectively. I was doing huge map w/16. Then I went to diety and got nowhere. Because of the great distances between civs, I could not launch an effective attack early. I soon lost my spirit. Then I went to normal/8 and the difference was huge!

In my first game as the Greeks, I took over most of Egypt. I wouldn't give the Romans Banking, so we went to war. I had both horses and iron so I built knights. When I got Military Tradition, I traded for SP and made cavalry. Then the Germans attacked with their cavalry.

So I had a two front war. Mobilized. Kicked their butts a little. Got peace. Got a leader and built FP.

My mistakes:

1. I didn't stay in despotism long enough to pop-build everything I needed. It took a long time in Republic to build anything in fringe cities.

2. When researching Republic, I put science high because I figured I'd eventually reduce the discovery time. But it took 32 turns. Lost money there.

3. Right before I got peace with everybody, I had a revolution because Democracy gave me tons of unhappiness due to WW. I should've waited for peace or should've switched to Monarchy earlier.

4. I placed my FP on the Greek/Roman border. This will help me in the long run when I conquer the Romans, but perhaps it would've been more advantageous if I had placed it where it would've helped me immediately.

5. Early GA. I noticed the Hoplite didn't instigate my GA when defending, but did so when I took a city. I sould've left them for later, because there will always be a weak unit to destroy during the game -- longbowman.

Playing the regular-size map instead of the huge makes diety so much more playable.
    "Careful? Was my mother careful when she stabbed me in the heart with a coat hanger while I was still in the womb?" -SP

Congratulations! Well done.
    "Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatum." — William of Ockham

Comment

Phooey

I can't win on warlord, I must be doing something wrong! I need help...hehe

Comment

qool, congrats.

I'm still struggling at regent.
        kmj

Comment

i'd sure like the game so i could get to this point.... (waiting for mac port)

congratulations to you, though.
          Prince of...... the Civ Mac Forum

Comment

Re: Hurray, I graduated to diety!!

Originally posted by Kriton

Playing the regular-size map instead of the huge makes diety so much more playable.
            Really? Diety is the only way I'll play now and I've found that I have better success on Huge maps than on smaller ones. I'm a sort of Perfectionist when it comes to Civ and need time to build up instead of fighting the constant enemy swordsmen rush/onslaught.

Congrats btw.
            Making the Civ-world a better place (and working up to King) one post at a time....

Comment

Working...
            X