It's good for collecting dust.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's good for collecting dust.

I at least played Call to Power and Call to Power II. Many know how much I hated the first.
    The Civ3 CD I own continues to collect dust on my desk, and it has never been installed or played on my computer.

After being treated to a demonstration on a friend's computer a few weeks earlier, I had seen enough.

Maybe I'll install it once the patch comes out? I have my doubts.
    Meanwhile I'll continue to examine the knife in my back marked "Made by Firaxis."

serves you right for liking ctp2

Comment

Gee... you bought the game but didn't bother to even load it because of a "demonstration"... and then you whine about the game... Heck, play the game for awhile, and then when you say you hate it or have your doubts, I will respect you opinion. Until you have at least done that, I frankly don't care what your opinion is

I've played for many hours now... and I still don't really have a firm opinion beyond the fact that it is entertaining
      Keep on Civin'
      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Some hard chesse for your whine....

Bravo, Ming

I like constructive critisim, but b****** just to b**** is absurd.

Comment

Don't get me wrong... I respect Darth's opinion. However, I have a hard time respecting anybodies opinioin of the game who hasn't sat down and played it for awhile. Again, I'm still not sure of my final opinion of the game... while it is as addictive as earlier civ games, it does have some "major" problems. Hopefully the first patch will fix the real annoying bugs...
          Keep on Civin'
          RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

i agree .... how u gonna dis a game u never played

or register for a forum about it????
            Second place doesnt get to #@*$ the prom queen!!

Comment

Originally posted by ROO_DEE_POO_69
              ...or register for a forum about it????
              Er, I think he's been on this forum a LOT longer than Civ3's been out... (He's a CTP refuge )

Comment

Dissing the Vet.......

Originally posted by Ming
                Don't get me wrong... I respect Darth's opinion. However, I have a hard time respecting anybodies opinioin of the game who hasn't sat down and played it for awhile. Again, I'm still not sure of my final opinion of the game... while it is as addictive as earlier civ games, it does have some "major" problems. Hopefully the first patch will fix the real annoying bugs...
                Understood! No disrespect intended to Darth, it just seems some people will not give Civ 3 a chance. You are, and bravo for that. Now if more people would relax and enjoy.

Comment

Just one minor point, he didn't mention what kind of a demonstration he got. It's entirely possible to be actually allowed to play on someone else's machine, while they do something else. I figure half of the people in our company have played my Dreamcast games by now, even though there are only two of us who even own a Dreamcast at all.

Then again, all right, if he already has it, I figure it can't hurt to at least install it.

Comment

I think this guy is just trolling. A troll can sense when there are elements of discontent and try to bring them out.

Last post on this thread.

Comment

Actually I did play this game for about 8 frustrating hours and cast it aside like I did with CTP.

Comment

whenever you write CTP i go

now, let me get back to my current civ3 game

Comment

Working...
                        X