Pocket Civ3 for your PDA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pocket Civ3 for your PDA

I thought--how awesome would it be to be able to play Civ3 on my PDA?!!?! To be able to carry my games around and then sync them when I got home and it would work with my PC version? How incredible would that be?

So I took a second to create a screenshot in Photoshop and viola! A picture of Pocket Civ3! Check out the attachment! (by the way, I have already sent the idea to Firaxis thru the Civ3 site...Simcity is on PDA's, why not Civ3 as well?? )
    Attached Files

don't forget to bring your microscope

Comment

Why stop there. How about CIV3 on your mobile phone. Instead of the diplomacy screen you would actually recieve a call from the AI leader.
      "Hi Joan, whats that, you want Uranium? Ok you bring the Wine and its a date."
      There are no stupid questions, but there are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Comment

It is a great idea, but I wonder how will the short-cut keys be handled...
        "BANANA POWAAAAH!!! (exclamation Zopperoni style)" - Mercator, in the OT 'What fruit are you?' thread
        Join the Civ2 Democratic Game! We have a banana option in every poll just for you to vote for!
        Many thanks to Zealot for wasting his time on the jobs section at Gamasutra - MarkG in the article SMAC2 IN FULL 3D? http://apolyton.net/misc/
        Always thought settlers looked like Viking helmets. Took me a while to spot they were supposed to be wagons. - The pirate about Settlers in Civ 1

Comment

And just wait how many years would pass between the turns
          Que l’Univers n’est qu’un défaut dans la pureté de Non-être.

- Paul Valery

Comment

Seriously though, is there any reason why it wouldn't run on a Pocket PC, apart from the battery life not being enough to power you between turns ?

Has anyone run Civ 2 on a Pocket PC ?

As regards keyboard shortcuts, remember you have a stylus and buttons for everything ...

What about a Java version of Civ3 ? You login to a website and play, of course you have to pay for the login, but the software is free (downloaded automatically), sounds strange, but that's exactly whats inside Mr Gates' head

Once it's net-based, you can play it on your Mobile Phone too, or in fact on your Windows Toaster XP !
            xane

Comment

There is a Civ 2 for Pocket PC? Please tell me where to find it!

I am addicted to Civ-crack and need my fix!

I am not sure how everything could be implemented, but I'm sure the programmers could find a way...they did it for SimCity for Pocket PC...you can even transfer your game between your PC and PDA!

BTW, anyone made any Civ3 doc files for your PDA? I was thinking a PDA tech tree or Strategy Guide would make for good reading on the road...

Comment

Working...
              X