Diplomacy With More Than Eight Civs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diplomacy With More Than Eight Civs

When competing against more than seven AI civs, is there a way to negotiate with the other civs that don't appear on the diplomacy circle (for lack of better term).

I know you can double click on a rival civ unit to "take me to your leader", but when playing with fifteen other civs on a huge map the fog of intelligence gets in the way of far-away civs.

It also makes it easier if you can just go to the diplomacy screen instead of searching your un-fogged regions of the map to find a civ to trade with.

Sime.

shift-right click on any portrait and you'll get a list of the leaders who is not currently displayed.

Comment

or just go to the world map screen (main screen). click the D button in the lower right corner of screen.

Comment

Or shift-D to activate the same window from the main screen.

Comment

Okay, if I understand this correctly, when I am in the Diplomacy screen, I see 7 other civs, plus my own (Mine being at the top center...)

If I want to see 'other' civs, I shift right click my own portrait to see 'other' civs?

Now, If this is correct, How can I see if a civ from the first screen is trading with, or at war with, or whatever with someone on the second screen?

Graphically, I guess, the new Civ III diplomacy screen is okay, but there is a lot of information I cannot readily see, that I would like to.
          "Sometimes it is entirely appropriate to kill a fly with a sledge hammer."
          - Major Holdridge, 1994

Comment

Originally posted by Bandit65
            Okay, if I understand this correctly, when I am in the Diplomacy screen, I see 7 other civs, plus my own (Mine being at the top center...)

If I want to see 'other' civs, I shift right click my own portrait to see 'other' civs?

Now, If this is correct, How can I see if a civ from the first screen is trading with, or at war with, or whatever with someone on the second screen?

Graphically, I guess, the new Civ III diplomacy screen is okay, but there is a lot of information I cannot readily see, that I would like to.
            Not your own. Any other AI civs. Position your mouse over any AI civ portrait, shift right click, and it will bring up a list of the 8 civs who are currently not displayed. Click on a civ, and the portrait will change to the civ you just chose.

You can re-arrange the portraits in whatever way you want, so there is no "first screen" or "second screen".

You cannot display more than 8 civs at once.

I agree, the diplomatic interface leaves a lot to be desired.

Comment

Thanks!

Very helpful!

Now it is a bit more useful

Wow...

A LOT more useful!
              "Sometimes it is entirely appropriate to kill a fly with a sledge hammer."
              - Major Holdridge, 1994

Comment

Working...
              X