are you a pro-civ3 or anti-civ3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• are you a pro-civ3 or anti-civ3?

I was pro civ3, and still generally am. I still play the game. But have a feeling I will get bored of it in a few weeks or months. I am starting to get influenced by all the whining here . Now I'm starting to think the game isn't that good after all . But I still like it.

And no there will be no banana in this poll.
    Pro-civ3: Sid Meier is my god
    56.82%
    Anti-civ3: Sid Meier is a sellout
    13.64%
    Middle of the road: just waiting to see how this plays out
    29.55%
    I hate all PC games: go playstation2!!
    0.00%

Put it this way: I don't think that there's going to be many people still actively playing Civ3 and modding it in say, 3 years time.

I don't think Meier is a "sell-out" either though. He needs to make his money like we all do.

Comment

Sid Meier might be cool, but if he had anything to do with choosing infogrames (which is a disgrace to civ 3) then he is not.
      Alex

Comment

It's just a game. Far more interesting are the interstices here.
        "Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatum." — William of Ockham

Comment

I respect others having an opinion, but that doesnt mean I will listen to them
          I find Civ 3 to be fun, and once the major bugs are removed, it will be even more fun. Modding will also be fun for all once a decent editor is released (also hopefully with the patch).

Civ 3 is well worth the money IMHO
          I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Originally posted by Alex 14
            Sid Meier might be cool, but if he had anything to do with choosing infogrames (which is a disgrace to civ 3) then he is not.
            infogrames owned the rights to the name "Civilization", so if Firaxis wanted to make a Civ 3, it was either with infogrames or with a bunch of lawyers (and more luck than anyone could hope for).

Hopefully next time Firaxis makes a game, they choose another publisher. Id hate to boycott a Firaxis game to avoid supporting infogrames.
            I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

If a game keeps anyone amused for more than a few months it should be considered well worth the money spent on it, entertainment doesn't come cheaper.

I don't know why people are so p*ssed with Infogrames, they are a big corporation and they act like one too, no surprize there. They made the wise move of buying up Microprose and securing the "Civilization" title, making them the obvious choice for Firaxis, thats a strategy all Civ'ers would be proud of if it was used in the game

You may think you've been done over by Infogrames, but there are far worse companies out there.
              xane

Comment

infogrames

Comment

I support civ3, but I don't think Sid Meier is God.
                  voted the first option though.
                  Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                  Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Re: are you a pro-civ3 or anti-civ3?

Originally posted by Dissident
                    I am starting to get influenced by all the whining here .
                    Haha i know EXACTLY what you mean!

Comment

I like civ3 and I think it shows brilliance in some aspects of the gameplay. But, as it is now, the game needs some further balancing and bug fixing. But the patch is coming (oh sweet Saturday... ) and I guess it will help.

But I need to play Civ3 more (wife and all other things, you know...)
                      I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Civ3 is the biggest letdown since Xcom3.

/dev

Comment

I like Civ3!

And I have never played Xcom3...what is that?
                          Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                          I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                          Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

I love civ3 , but there are some minor thingies that are hopefully going te be fixed in the upcoming patch.

To all those whiners: If you don't like it, then get the f*ck out!

Go play ctp2!
                            Member of Official Apolyton Realistic Civers Club.
                            If you can't solve it, it's not a problem--it's reality
                            "All is well your excellency, and that pleases me mightily"

Comment

Working...
                            X