Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strange coincidence.

The screenshot kind of says it all.

Now if Oil Springs was the Iriquois capital I could see that the oil tiles might default to this spot but since it's not, I have to assume that this is completely random. Quite strange I think.

(Yes, I could have PSed this...no, I couldn't be bothered perpetrating such a lame hoax.)
    Last edited by LotC; December 3, 2001, 23:45.

Hobbit: Red X's don't say much!

Conscious: Smartass.

Hobbit: Shut up conscious...

Comment

Hobbit: Red X's don't say much!
      Huh? It loads fine for me.

Comment

Copy and paste this into another browser window: http://www.geocities.com/ihurtyou/oil.jpg

Red Xs are because Geocities blocks links to image files, especially jpgs. Here's the workaround: Rename the file to a .txt extension, then change your URL to reflect the new name. It will display just fine.

And, yeah, three oils next to Oil Springs... probably is a coincidence, since oil tends to be in bunches.

Comment

i also see a red x
          Justice for all...........

Comment

See my response, posted just above yours...

Comment

Cool!

Ok I see, thats neat. I like the citys name!

Comment

Red Xs are because Geocities blocks links to image files, especially jpgs. Here's the workaround: Rename the file to a .txt extension, then change your URL to reflect the new name. It will display just fine.
                Is that better? It probably only worked for me because I was the only one with the image in my browser cache .Next time I'll use the free webspace my ISP gave me.

Comment

looks like an interesting game...is it on huge map? chinese empire looks rather menacing....

Comment

What are those little yellow circles above the Oil tiles ?

And your irrigated plains looks a lot better than mine, I get just water everywhere
                    xane

Comment

looks like an interesting game...is it on huge map? chinese empire looks rather menacing....
                      Actually the Chinese are light pink (I just crushed them in a 2 turn war). Maybe you're talking about the teal (Americans)? They're prettty powerful but I control most of the world's oil supply. (That screenshot is from earlier in the game.) Yeah, it's a huge map...damn turns take forever!

I started out with a whole continent to myself with an isthmus (good for acces to both seas on either side of me) with the Russians on a continent separated by one square of water from the next one. I pulverized the Russians early in the game and set up my FP in Moscow, which has hills, mountains and grassland around it (pumping out an ICBM every 5 turns from there). The Iriquois are finished now and I'm just a few turns away from what I think may be a cultural victory (1976). The Americans look like they have slightly more than half of my culture so I'm going to have to deal them a blow too. Since they, the Aztecs, the Japanese, and me all have MPP/RoP (we're all of the heavyweights) I'm going to blitz them all just before I hit 100,000 culture. Since I'm the only one with modern armour and mech infantry, they shouldn't have much of a chance, especially since I'll get to move right to the edge of their cities to launch the attack . If that doesn't go completely as planned , my stockpile of 20 ICBMs should help out

What are those little yellow circles above the Oil tiles ?

And your irrigated plains looks a lot better than mine, I get just water everywhere
                      The circles are resource identification tags (MUCH easier to find strategic resources). They were done by Innocence and can be found here: http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...threadid=33429

The irrigation is part of Snoopys terrain patch (great improvement over the original terrain). It can be found here: http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...threadid=33637

Comment

Working...
                      X