Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Re: Re: A Small Complaint

Originally posted by Venger

The town jackass brays again! Can you for once try and bring something to the thread instead of being an energy vampire that just sucks the life force from any thread?

I think that his original point is a good one - though I thought I had noticed that the computer informed you of a resource loss? And I swear I've been contacted by the AI when a deal is about to run out - in fact the Germans did it to basically say that my 4 for 1 resource deal just wasn't good enough for him anymore...

Venger
    you should thank civ for your social life. this is the 25th thread on -what do i think is wrong with civ- or 'here's my opinion'. you are the only one who actually enjoys seeing them because you threadspam just as much (although your whines are more substantiated)

one either gets a message about trade renewal or a popup about a loss of a resource/luxury. feel free to whine about that solution, to me it is fine and the complaint is rather unjustified.

Comment

LaRusso last time I checked you weren't a mod so shut your pie hole and/or report posts you find offensive to the mods.

Your childish brain damaging drivel gets old....

/dev

Comment

No, actually there is a real issue here. If you have a deal for 10 gold/turn to buy a tech, the AI will not cancel after 20 turns (of course not!) and they will be no sign that the deal can be annulled. OK, it is obviously not super-challenging to keep track of these things, but if you're trading a lot it does become a drag to keep up... And you know a pop-up is not such a big deal - is it?

V

Comment

Somebody please..............

Could somebody tell me what are the "unwritten rules" for posting on the Gerneral Forum?

Comment

LaRusso is the apolyton nag screen, we couldnt get rid of him, it would make life easier.

and who wants to do that?
            Im sorry Mr Civ Franchise, Civ3 was DOA

Comment

Thaks guys!

Well I'm glad that the majority of you agree with me on this oh so minor issue. Nag screens do get old and I'm sure there is a better way to solve this issue. Perhaps just like when a city builds something you get the text above the city to notify you, maybe they could do the same thing with this. Maybe flash a small text above your capital "Trade agreement with the French has ended" or something like that to keep the game going. Or better yet, have the computer cancle all trade agreement after 20 turns. This nonsence of silks, insence, gold per turn, tech, for wine for 100 turns because you forgot about the trade you did with the french 1000 years ago is a bit......annoying.
              "Those of you who think you know everything are annoying those of us who do."

Comment

Ack!

That's another thing so annoying that I'm surprised it hasn't driven Yin to throw himself upon his sword. Pollution where? Wait! Who stopped resisting? Whoa! Culture expanded where? Hey! Did I see a German settler whiz by somewhere near Paris?

Bing, bang, bing, bang! Seven different messages flash for just a half-second like subliminal ads all over the screen at once.

Just a scrollable list of the messages would be great.
                "Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatum." — William of Ockham

Comment

Working...
                X