No announcement yet.

The "Where Did They Go?" list

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't care about atrocities. most of civ3 takes place before the concept of atrocities actually existed. this was more in place for smac.

note I really dont' give a f*ck about half those things. but everyone else seems to.

Comment

Originally posted by Dissident
      I don't care about atrocities. most of civ3 takes place before the concept of atrocities actually existed. this was more in place for smac.

note I really dont' give a f*ck about half those things. but everyone else seems to.
      everyone = ca. 20 posters

Comment

I'm just still not sure "listening to fans" worked with civ3. The game is chaotic and choppy. Not as fluid as civ2. Although the game is better than civ2. Too many things in civ2 annoyed me, and I'm glad they are gone.

I say screw the fans, and program the game the way you want it. Build it, and they will come

Comment

Re: The "Where Did They Go?" list

I'm for alot if not all of these options, BUT only as boxes we could tick before the game starts, enabled or disabled for the purposes of the player. Mostly I'd like all of them for the editing suite so I can enable them for some campaigns and disable for others,

These are the ones I agree with and should be available if only so I can make available in scenarios I have designed but not implemented yet

Originally posted by justin_sayn

Spies/Info: In SMAC, We could pretty much view anything about our allies/enemies if we had infiltration. It was also well layed out.

SMAC and CTP2: Underwater Cities

Water Level (and the icecaps)

Terraforming

Stacking Of Units

Slaves

CTP2: Pirating Of Trade

Unit Workshop: Couldve been adapted to fit in with CIV3

Cool Spying Options

CTP2: Environmentalists, Fundamentalists,Terrorism

Bribing Units

Random Events / (Just Put Switch)

CTP: Looking Posts, Sonar

Stealth Units

Sea Formers / Sea Installations

SMAC: Landmarks

SMAC: Terrain Elevation

CIV1, CIV2, SMAC, CTP2: (S)ENTRY!!!

The Ability to send supplies to needy citites

In SMAC, You could "coordinate your attack plans". That was cool.

In most of the other games, when you were in an allied war, if you didnt actually send units to attack the enemy, your ally would get mad. In Civ3, all you have to do is declare war, and the ally is happy.

SMAC:Stationing Of Units In Allied Bases
          SMAC:Trading Military Units

The ability to choose what improvements to destroy (and the ability to destroy fortresses!)

SMAC: Blind Research (i liked it; again could be an option)

Units that do extra "police" effect

CTP2: You could set your tone when you did diplomacy (ex: hostile, friendly etc...

CTP2: FEATS OF WONDER! (1st to sailing whole world, 1st to have have x number of cities, first to discover this etc...)

SMAC: Had a good (but not perfect tech tree), in the sense that you could specify yourself in one of four branches

CTP2: The ability to immediately disband an unwanted city (had to be under pop size of 8 i think though

Oh, and yeah, I almost forgot:
          A non-moronic governor that will LET ME BUILD MY LAST UNIT FOR ALL OF ETERNITY.
          I edited the entire SMAC to become a Civ game, simply because alot of SMAC is almost the Civ3 that I wanted, with only one problem: Troops, My 6 simple troops were "armies" of various basic strengths, which If I could have edited the Unit workshop to make medieval units I would have.
          EFR RPG GAME Designer, E.F.R. Forums The Coyn: Fantasy Mod for Civ3:Conquests

Comment

There is so much more missing!

Q3A: "You have taken the lead!" voice-over
            UT: Headshot option
            Dune2: Devastator tanks
            Wolfenstein: German shepherd dogs
            AvP: Predator vision
            UT: DODGING!
            UT: Shieldbelt
            Civ1: EGA monitor option
            UT: Godlike status
            Civ1: PC beeper sound option