This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One Thing in Civ 3 Works Well

Which is the uninstall. I just uninstalled Civ 3 to free up some space for things I will be using in the future and it uninstalled a lot better than it installed. Now if I can find someone to buy the disk and manual I will have minimized my losses.
    He's got the Midas touch.
    But he touched it too much!
    Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

it ain't all horrible.Funny post though with everything that has gone on so far.
    The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

That's nice.

Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Originally posted by Smash

it ain't all horrible.Funny post though with everything that has gone on so far.
        As I've said before in other threads, it's not a horrible game or anything. It has some fairly serious problems, some of which are bugs which can probably be fixed, and many of which are game design decisions which will almost certainly be left in place. If I were going to buy my nephew a game to introduce him to Civ games (and it was the future where Fireaxis had fixed many of the bugs) then I might give him a copy of Civ 3.

As for me, I've played too many games of Civ 1 and 2, Colonization, SMAC, Master of Magic, MOO 2 etc. to waste my time playing a game which bored me so soon. I played for perhaps a week before I became convinced that I wasn't coming down with a virus, the game itself was making me sleepy. It didn't help that the game never would run on my desktop despite my machine meeting all of the stated parameters and having all of the latest drivers (a joyous four hours spent). Don't worry about me though, I'm back to SMAX and Europa Universalis and enjoying them immensely, and appreciating them all the more. I am looking forward to MOO3, which looks like a very innovative design.

Osweld,

Wow, you are boring On Topic as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Sikander
          Osweld,

Wow, you are boring On Topic as well.

Are you going to tell me that you consider a post about how you unistalled civ3 exciting?
          Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

A good point perhaps, but look how this thread is staying near the top. It's so good that you've already posted twice!

Comment

Well, Firaxis obviously anticipated all the sudden uninstalling that would take place and planned accordingly. Bravo!
              I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

"Yin": Your friendly, neighborhood negative cosmic force.

Comment

I'm sorry despite my fondest hopes I found EU to be extremely boring. It's real time feature is just a turn based game disguised with constant pausing

Comment

thank you for the information....
                  Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                  Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                  giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Working...
                  X